Bistro for Saturday lunch?

babydays

Looking for somewhere in Dublin for a top class lunch to bring my sis-in-law to.

Really looking for good food - can be simple or elaborate, but MUST be GOOD! Sis-i-l- loves a place with a buzz as well - so any input HUGELY appreciated!

Haven't been to Dublin in a long while haven't a clue where to go!

We've done Roly's in Ballsbridge for Sunday lunch a few times & it's always been lovely, also significantly cheaper than evenings. Been a while but I think about €20ish for 3 courses.

I'm sure all of the better restaurants do lunch offers....often work out as cheap/cheaper than pub grub if you want to do the full 3 courses.

The buffet at the Unicorn on Saturday was lovely, though I have not been there for a while.

The Boulevard Cafe on Exchequer Street is full of buzz...always jammed with shopped out ladies on a Saturday avo...They do fancy sandwiches etc...but they do a set menu, two course for around €15 and its almost always brilliant - real cheffy type bistro food!
Massive buzz, great camp waiters, very good, very reasonable food, lovely calorie options for afters and a selection of wines and beers...
Would definitely reccomend...

Have a look at menupages.ie either...

they're great suggestions. tks a lot.
I'll have a wander past the city centre ones (Roly's sounds great but a bit out of the way for us) in the morning and see which one fits the bill best!

yum!

Try the Richard Corrigan supervised Bentley's resto on Stephen's Green. It is really, really good.

Why not throw your eyes over the forum on forkncork
Don't mean to be advertising somewhere else, but I'm sure there here asking about money - or at least should be. I'm not affiliated with them, infact never registered, but I do check out their foodie posts from time to time. Restaurant owners, some critics, and foodies hang out there from time to time.
D

Change of plan - going to the a show on the Northside after lunch so am looking for a lunch venue on the Northside !

The all-day menu at Ely Chq looks good.

Tks for the menupages.ie link - great resource, forkncork too!

Will have to set up a series of Saturday lunches to take in all those great suggestions! Have been drooling over the menu pages!

just to report back -

went to Ely Chy - just over the James Joyce Bridge (thanks for the menupages links & suggestions).

service was excellent - friendly & helpful but unobtrusive. The Oysters were to die for! Sea Bream cooked in Coconut leaves was delish. The choice of wines by the glass was unheard of!

Comfortable surroundings. Would definitely go again.

Now, I'll need to win the lotto to set up a series of lunches in all the other establishments recommended here!