Birthday present for someone going travelling

sarahfleming

Hoping someone can give me a good gift idea. I have a friend whose birthday is coming up soon and they are going away travelling for a year at Christmas so would like to give them something that would be useful on their trip. Any ideas??

sorry to be boring , but money... money or money....

for travelling cash and money are also useful...

Depending on your budget, you could give them:
travel journal to record their adventures
digital camera (if they don't already have one)
luggage
world radio
fold-up rucksack
sleeping bag (if they're doing the backpacking sort of travel)
clothes (maybe lightweight thermal clothing if they're going anywhere cold)
iPod

money is great idea, but if u know of any attractions or places she would like to go or things she would like to see, you could buy a ticket to somewhere online.. just a thought

My friend is headin to Oz soon - i got her a digital photo frame keyring it cost €5.95 in Bamba toy store but i'm sure you can get one online.

I put in a few pictures of all our friends that we hang around with - then i went to her bebo and face book pages and got photos of her friends who i wouldn't know that well.

Last edited:
Not knowing your budget this might not be in line with what you want to spend, but how about paying for a night or 2 in a reasonable hotel at one of their stopovers, or when they arrive. No doubt they'll be minding the pennies, so a little luxury would probably go down well!
Alternatively dosh is always welcomed, again maybe one of the currencies they will need while travelling...

Back