Bird Droppings and Car Paintwork

The Bunny

Hi

My car got dive bombed a few times lately and while I thought I removed the offending matter in superquick time it still managed to burn through the paintwork (yep i can see grey steel through the holes it left in the paint).

Apart from a professional repaint job, is there anything else I can do to smooth it over? I have tried a high quality wax.

Car is a 05 Hyundai Coupe non metallic black ( and yes I know the paint finish on a Hyundai is rubbish to start with!!)

TIA

Bunny

Unless you get a spray job (not really worth it for a small mark) i would suggest calling into a sray painter and getting them to make up a tube of paint that matches to your car. Simply clean the area and fill in the mark with a super fine brush and purchase some laquer from halfords and paint over when first coat is dry. This stops the new paint from cracking, seals the area which stops rust forming and takes the dullness out of the paint. Hopefully it will work as your car isnt metallic which is another nightmare to repair.

there is a guy at work who has a few peacockes,what their purpose is i dont know but the amount of ****e on his car some mornings is unreal.when he cleans the car though there is no discolouring to the paintwork, he drives a vectra maybe a better quality paint job

Hi

I don't suppose anyone has any solutions to stopping / reducing the amount of bomb raids birds carry out on cars do they ?

All piss-takes on a postcard to The Late Late Show, all serious replies on this thread please ;) :D

Thanks

G>

Hi

I don't suppose anyone has any solutions to stopping / reducing the amount of bomb raids birds carry out on cars do they ?
;) :D

Thanks

G>

I've always found the direct, but polite approach works best....I had a chat with the offending birds recently and now they kindly drop their stuff on my hens Micra instead.....;)

I managed to wash off a load of bird droppings that had been on my car for the past week or so and there doesn't appear to have been any damage to the paintwork.

LMAO :D :D :D

Very good Dr ;)

Is there a product on the market which is available for removing bird droppings also btw, I've noticed after car washes that there seems to be a small amount of residual which refuses to come off ?

Thanks

G>

Back