Biological Parents notified if their adopted child dies?

Jane

I had posted this question here, but the title was not meaningful enough. It's hard one to put in a title.

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=87820

Basically a friend of mine has recently died. This friend was adopted and had not yet made contact with their "real"/biological parents (they were about to). I want to know would my friends biological parents be told that they have died?

Apologies if this still does not make sense, but I'm struggling with the wording a little. Thanks.

Who would you expect would tell them?
The State, The Registrar, or the Gardai would not.
The adoptive parents may not know the details (Name, etc.) of the biological parents.
The child may not know the details (Name, etc.) of the biological parents.
If the child knows the details and asked a friend/relation/parent to do so before he/she died - that is the only possible way it would happen in a normal adoption.

When a mother gives up a child for adoption she signs away any rights to the child, effectively making the child a stranger, and would have no right to further information in relation to the child.

But you say your friend was about to make contact with their natural parents so I am assuming that your friend was dealing with the agency who arranged the adoption and that there has been some communication from the adopted person with the agency and from the parent/s with the agency. In such a case I see no reason why the agency (assuming they are aware of the situation) would not inform the parent/s of the death. But if your friend was simply trying to find his/her parent(s) and they had not yet been approched by the adoption agency, then I think it might be a different story.

You could try contacting the Adoption Board at 1800 309 300.

My condonences on the death of your friend.
I had posted this question here, but the title was not meaningful enough. It's hard one to put in a title.

Apologies if this still does not make sense, but I'm struggling with the wording a little. Thanks.
Your second thread title is fine and makes perfect sense.
But you say your friend was about to make contact with their natural parents
Jane did not say that as far as I can see.

Jane did not say that as far as I can see.

This friend was adopted and had not yet made contact with their "real"/biological parents (they were about to).

?? You're usually correct Clubman, but I'm kind of wondering here!

By the way Jane, like Clubman I would also like to offer my condolences, should have said that in my post.

Thanks everyone for the replies and for your condolences.

I'm not 100% sure at what stage it was at, to be honest. We'd talked about it a few times and in fact only a few weeks before my friends death, but I'm not sure how far it had progressed.

J