Bio-Fresh Fridges

maddad

Hi,

Looking at buying fridge at the moment - looking at Liebherr model. It comes with or without Bio-Fresh compartments. This is allegedly an area in the fridge that keeps fruit /veg/meat/fish fresh for up to three times longer than the ordinary fridge compartment. The theory is that it keeps the food in this Bio-Fresh area at a temperature just above freezing and at a lower temperature than the rest of the fridge. The brand name given to the concept by Liebherr is Bio-Fresh but I'm sure other manufacturers are flogging similar technology.

Has anyone had experience of this? Does it actually work? Would you recommend it and pay an extra €300 for it or is it just another gimmick?

Thanks

A friend of mine has the Biofresh and she absolutely raves about it.She especially finds it excellent for the storage of fruit and vegetables which will keep for weeks on end. She never has to throw out any fruit or vegetables.

i dont know anything about it but i would be going in the other direction: only buying small amounts of fruit and veg and eating within a few days, nothing freaks me out more than the fruit that's still picture-perfect after weeks.

We have a Liebherr biofresh for 3 years and it's worth it's weight in gold.

Veg, meat milk all last far longer and the supercool button means you can put warm food in the fridge.

Bought a Liebherr fridge freezer In Sept 05. Broke down in Dec 06 still waiting for it to be fixed. Spare parts are not kept in Ireland and have to be brought in from Germany. Service man says that they never break down. Don't think I would buy one again because of the huge delay getting it fixed.