Bingo site encouraging silly spending.

samanthajane

From time to time i would have a little spend on a well know bingo site.

Got an e-mail from them today telling me if i spend €1000 within the month of June i would be entitled to enter a special room at the end of the month where there would be a prize of €1000.

Now it's doesn't state if this is 1 game when the winner get €1000 or several games. I do know that they already do it few times a week when the full house is worth €1000, and you dont need to of spent €1000 to be able to play this game.

Why on earth with times hard as is it would then encourage people to spend as much as €1000 in 1 month.

Now some people might think oh i'm going to spend a bit extra to get into this special room cause i might win €1000. Even if only 10 people spend this amount thats €10,000 and only €1,000 out. Hell of a profit for a night work.

This site does give to charity and thats a good thing, but still to encourage people to spend that amount in one month is crazy in my opinion.

Yes we all have free will and i will not be spending that amount of money. But just from the chat board you always here of people say "i've spent €50 or €100 tonight and not 1 win".

Will these people be able to refuse this if they think they could win a big amount. Even so to put that temptation on them i think is very bad of the bingo site.

Samanthajane are you not aware that these sites are targeted at the female population in particular to get them addicted to gambling? You start with Bingo .............

I was laid up a while ago & played on one of these sites a couple of times. (maybe the same one?). I had a voucher for €20 worth of games, so I never spent any of my own money.

I'd only played a few times - but one time a person won a decent amount of cash (in the region of €800). The person said how happy she was. A few moments later the moderator logged "I've been trying to win for ages - just goes to show, you have to keep playing to win big. I have big plans for the cash" (or words to that effect). I copped it was the mod logging & questioned it - suddenly all the previous quotes were removed. I logged out & never played again.

I know I should have followed through on behalf of other players, but I had no evidence. So that was the end of my dabbling with Bingo. They do push people to play more & more...I think they purposely let new player win so they catch the bug & I wonder how many big jackpots are won by real players??

It is very similar to that show on TV3 every night at midnight. A complete scam. Regtel and the BCC are investigating them.

It is very similar to that show on TV3 every night at midnight. A complete scam. Regtel and the BCC are investigating them.

Yes I came across that lately and was tempted to give it a try the other night as I had the answers and at one stage the money was up at 1,000 euro. Rang in and got a question to which you key in no. 1 or 2 on your phone in relation to whether you give a yes or no answer to the question. Then I was told I was very close to getting through, try again or some such wording. Now I thought I'm not going to spend more than 10 euro on this which was roughly 5 or 6 calls. That was the end of my ringing that show and I have no intention of ever ringing it again as it certainly is some scam. I'm not into gambling, buy the odd lottery ticket or do lotto now and again. I really feel sorry for people who are ringing this show constantly and wasting their money.