Bin colour dilemma!.

S

Sanf

Hi all,

I have approx ten black bags full of old dusty aeroboard (the white flaky stuff) from a recent attic clearout. I have heard that if you put this stuff in the green bin, the bin men won't take it. Then I was told green bin is alright. Then I was told black bin only. Now I have a lovely new shiny brown bin which no-one has suggested I use for my aeroboard.

Does anyone have any ideas as to which bin I can put this stuff into??

Many thanks

Ring your local authority! In a previous thread elsewhere it was discussed how different authorities say different things can go into different bins - which can be different colours...

I don't know about aeroboard/polystyrene recycling, and there's no point in just guessing which bin it should be in - phone them and find out definitively what they'll take and that'll end the dilemma.

I would suggest the black bin, take a look at the dublinwaste.ie website to see what should be put in each bin, and if you want clarification you can always ring them:
Green Bin:
Brown Bin:

CONSIDER CONTACTING REHAB.....

EPS is collected using reusable environmentally friendly 1 cubic metre and 2 cubic metre polypropylene sacks. Customers simply fill the bags with polystyrene and Rehab Recycle collect it on either a regular schedule or on a ‘call-in’ basis.

If you would like further information on the EPS recycling service, contact Rehab Recycle directly on freefone 1800 661 551 or email recycling.dublin@rehabrecycle.ie

Back