Bill phone

redbhoy

Hi,

Ive a bill phone and the bill just seems to go up and up every month so im thinking of changing network provider. Im currently with Vodafone. Anyone got an opinions on the other providers.
I was in Donegal a few weekends ago and am after getting stung for using o2 UK for some reason. 50c for 2 seconds is a bit steep.
Would i be better off getting a pay as you go? I usually make less than 100 mins a month and about 100-200 texts. I feel Im getting rode here.
Can i just stick in a ready to go SIM into my current phone and work away without any hassle?
Basically i havent a clue as to what deals are there. Any advice appreciated.
Hopefully someone can speak from personal experience of a switch.

Thanks

You should get on to Vodafone and complain to them about being put on a roaming tariff even though you were only in Donegal (even if it sometimes seems like a different country:D) - they should refund the money.

Sherman said:
Donegal (even if it sometimes seems like a different country:D)

You're dead right, we like to call it God's Country.

Redbhoy, did you travel through NI to get to Donegal? Did you make our receive any calls while travelling through NI? Or, were you near the border? Some areas of Donegal are covered by UK networks I think.

You can only stick a SIM from another network if you're phone is unlocked, there are ways, but I won't mention them here. AFAIK, if you have a bill phone, it may unlock automatically when your contract period expires, but I couldn't be sure.

I wouldn't go back to having a pay as you go phone (it's six years since I had one), I find that it's too much hassle having to worry about credit etc.

Best bet is to call your existing SP and tell them what your usual usage is, and see if they can recommend a better plan for you. Even better, do the research yourself, both on tariffs offered by your existing SP and others out there. I don't think that Vodafone are as competitive as other SPs wrt to text bundles, although you can but them at a more competitive rate than paying for them individually.

Back