Bike to Work Question

douger

Good Morning,

Bike to work question - I have my own company and do not pay myself on a regular payroll - my question is can a bike to work transaction be done in one ad-hoc monthly payroll run and what would that look like?

Yes you can. Directors of the companies are allowed to use this scheme. Doing one payroll for that is also fine. Pay using the company bank/card and deduct up €1,250 from your gross salary.

Yes you can. Directors of the companies are allowed to use this scheme. Doing one payroll for that is also fine. Pay using the company bank/card and deduct up €1,250 from your gross salary.

He doesn't pay himself regularly, so I assume he's referring to increasing his salary by the cost of the bike for this payment i.e. the company pays for it and he doesn't suffer a reduction in take home pay?

Thats ok but I guess to keep things simple, a submission should be made via the payroll (as op suggested.

You don't have to pay tax on it. The employer can just buy the bike for the employee and there are no tax implications at all

Back