big brother tonight

zxcvbnm

only got the last 30 seconds of it - am i right in thinking that siavish also told noirin that he fancies her?

or did i pick it up wrong?

i do anyway, haven't seen that yet, i've about three episodes to watch on the sky box. I thought Siavash had a girlfriend?

Thought they'd stopped making it. Dont know anyone who watches it.

If nobody is interested why are you all clicking on the thread?

The title - Big Brother tonight - thought that the show was canned a year or two ago, so curious to know why people are posting about it and what relevence it has to tonight.

well is it and it's brilliant this year! i went off it for a while but i think one of the differences this year is that there's more likeable than unlikeable people in it.

As Cahir said why are people who don't like or even watch the programme commenting? if the thread was a question about savings or investments or something and everyone posted i don't know, not interested etc they'd be criticised fairly quickly! i'm always amazed at how quickly some people love to run down something just because it's not what they're into.

to OP, i read on the RTE blog that they had some kind of a mumbling, coded conversation which seemed to be implying that siavash has a thing for her, they're all crazy about her in there!

Last edited:
No eviction tonight! i wonder what happens to the votes already cast and the money from them?

Myself and Mandac were just saying that we were surprised that people still watch it. It was a genuine comment, not a put down. I actually started a thread a few weeks back wondering if anyone still tuned it and nobody said that they did.

ps I do agree with your general point though, and actually thought for a few minutes before hitting the send button on my original post in case it sounded sneery or dismissive. It is really annoying when someone makes a comment to a post with the sole intention of showing that they're 'above' something even when its quite clear that they're not the intended audience of a query. I remember once asking a question of 'other regular mass goers' regarding whether they disliked the hand shaking part of mass as I found it uncomfortable. I got a whole lot of sneering comments and put downs from non-mass goers which put me off posting for months.

Would agree with you on the hand shaking part of mass but understand that swine flu will put a stop to this taking place for fear of spreading it.

The older I get the less I care about these type of sneering comments and certainly wouldn't let them put me off posting. Unfortunately its only in the last few years I realise that life is too short to worry about things/people like this.

Op here.

I think the point here is that a lot of people find big bro an easy target to put down - and for my money they therefore implicitly boost their own confidence by publicly stating they are above that sort of thing.

Not unlike viewers of jery springer for exmple.

Most of the above posters in this thread woud fall into this category.

Welll done all.

There does not always have to be deep and meaningful reasons behind things.

Could it just be be that the format is now old/tired and past its sell by date?

C4 were talking about pulling it around 2 series back and have pulled the live feed this time. The audiences are dwindling.

That's why I asked if anyone still watched it.

The responses on here would indicate that only a handful of people do watch it, which would probably as a % be in line with the C4 viewing figures in the UK.

Liaconn, I don' t remember your thread on the sign of peace, but I remember someone sneering because I mentioned a Christening instead of a Baptism. Apparently that makes me a skanger. Ah well bud, what can I do.

Sue Ellen is right. Who cares what other people think really. I am sorry you were upset.

You're right. Life's too short to let a few smart alecs and ignoramuses intimidate you. I will be tougher in future