Bicycle on plane

Thinfield

I am shortly transporting a bicycle on a flight. I am a bit concerned about the danger of it being damaged in transit.
Any tips to limit the risk?

There's 2 strands of thought to this - you either wheel it up to the desk with no packaging and trust that the carriers will handle it more carefully, because they can see it's a bike, and it's easy for them to handle, or else you box it and put padding around delicate parts, but risk that a heavier item could be thrown on top of it.
I think if you take a short-haul Ryanair or Aer Lingus flight you should be fine, since not many people are checking in luggage these days.

My friend travels regularly on Ryanair with a very expensive Kayak and has no problem.

It would be handy for cycling out to the new departure terminal, if nothing else!

Does google have authority to fine their rivals now? I knew they were getting too powerful, but this is ridiculous, and as for not being evil...

I am shortly transporting a bicycle on a flight. I am a bit concerned about the danger of it being damaged in transit.
Any tips to limit the risk?

I have transported my bicycle many times on airplanes. You can buy a padded bag for around €100 which protects the bike. Whenever I bring my bike I also put most of my luggage in the bike bag and therefore don't have to pay for an extra bag on the flight.

If it's a racing bike you can buy a hard case like a large suitcase which gives added protection to the bike. These cost around €200.

Ruam

Back