Biarritz

Lorraine

Got one of those elusive 'free' flights to Biarritz courtesy Ryanair for the last week in September. Any ideas for accomodation please? apartment versis hotel? any info on car hire welcome too, hire here online or is it more reasonable insitu.

Thanks in advance

I can never seem to find the free flights no matter what dates I enter. What am I doing wrong? Aer Lingus show you the prices for the month whereas with Ryanair I end up clicking endlessy on next day button.

Congrats. Lorraine,

Could you please tell me how you go about getting free flights. Do they cost 'nothing, zero'......
pm me if you don't want everyone to know.

Would love to try for one.

maybe every now and then one of us is 'allowed' to get these elusive free flights to ensure that such instances cannot be proved to be an urban myth!!!!!

saw on Eircom home page how MEP's were demanding change of advertising practices by airlines regarding so called free flights and how Michael O'Leary said Ryanair would absorb all taxes and charges for a 48 hour period. Went onto web site, which was very very slow, and hey presto got a 'free' flight. Amongst the 250,000 free flights there were only two continental airports available from Shannon - Madrid and Biarritz.

I did have to pay .01cent each way for two so it did cost .04cent in total......

My daughter got a cheap Ryanair flight to Biarritz earlier this year. She had a ball - arranged her own accomodation etc. She is currently on another cheap Ryanair holiday somewhere in Italy, will get info on Biarritz when she returns, next Wednesday I think.

Hey Lorraine,

Was in Biarritz for 3 nights August 2005 - its gorgeous. Stayed in a small family-run hotel / guesthouse just a minute walk from the small beach in the centre of Biarritz called Hotel Roses Trianon. At that time it cost €75 per night (for 2, double room, breakfast of croissants and bread included). The location was fabulous - I think I found the hotel on trip-advisor.com, very plain, but just what was needed. Biarritz itself s really lovely. Not a typical resort - I think it had its heyday in the '50's but it nicer than a lot of more popular resorts. We didn't hire a car, getting aroun the town itself is walkable. If you are there for onger you might need a car to travle further to nearby towns like Bayonne, but we didn't go there. The train system is quite good over there. Biarritz is great for surf too, and has 2 big beaches and loads of beachside restaurants.
All in all would highly recommend as a holiday spot.
S