Beware of Multitrips Automatic Renewal

MB05

I just thought I would warn people to watch out for this.

I got an email today telling me that a policy I booked for a family friend last year had been automatically renewed. I panicked initially as I didn't remember ticking a box for that and I would never do it anyway as a. it wasn't for me and b. I only renew when I am actually going away and not just when it is up for renewal so I get the total value out of it.

This seems to be a new ploy by them as it never happened to me before and I have booked annual travel insurance for myself and members of my family for years now.

It is easily fixed. I just phoned them and explained that I didn't know how it happened and asked them to cancel the renewal. The woman on the phone was very helpful, cancelled the renewal straight away and told me it wasn't anything I ticked on the screen. The tick is buried in the T&C's.

I just think it's sneaky, making you opt out and it's bound to catch some people out if they don't read these notices properly. I know that I usually just skim the email, see who it is for and dump it if I don't want to renew it at that time. I was just about to do that when I noticed the 'Automatic Renewal' part.