BEWARE - HP Digital Camera - Model M415

Lorz

BEWARE!
We got a present of a HP M415 digital camera with the printing dock station at Christmas. There was no case with it so we bought one. OH brought it to work with him and had it inside his laptop case. Took it out one morning and the display screen was broken inside - not the actual screen outside IYKWIM. Went to get it fixed - had to call a call centre in India with someone who supposidly was called Mary (yet had NO english). Tried explaining the problem but she kept saying "out of entitlement" I asked her to explain what she meant because she was using the word in the wrong context but she kept repeating herself - 30 mins later I was getting nowhere so asked to speak to someone with better english - not possible - her supervisor - not possible either! Bear in mind I had only given her the model no - not the serial no - so while I presumed she meant out of warranty, she had no way of confirming this with only the model no - unless HP only sold 1 of this model in the whole world!

Back to the shop where it was bought and explained I had no intention of dealing with HP on this and he would have to resolve it. Came back to me to say the repairs would cost €160 & VAT = €193. The camera was only 4months old and cost ~ €250 with the printer! They wouldn't even repair OUR camera - they have an exchange programme so we would get someone else's camera - maybe older than ours!?!?!?

I'm disgusted - not at all happy and I certainly will not EVER buy HP again. Out of principal, I won't be repairing the camera and I'll buy another brand.

Incidentally HP refuse to sell the parts to anyone so the approved co's who do warranty work aren't even able to get non-warranty parts - they have a monopoly and so can charge whatever they please! BEWARE!

I deal with HP on a weekly basis. Every time I call I have to give my life story. Next week they may want a medical report, ok I'm kidding. Anyway, their level of customer service is below that of even Esat BT. In your particular case though I think they mean this issue is not covered under your warranty as its user inflicted. If you had said to them that you got it like this then you might be able to get around them. They seem to work from a script and are not allowed to use their own brains.

I appreciate it's not covered under warranty and I asked "Mary" if that's what she was trying to say but she couldn't understand me and equally couldn't explain herself. The problem is, the camera is broken and HP won't give non-warranty parts to ANYONE so I have to get HP to repair it but I couldn't explain that to "Mary". And they won't repair MY camera I will have to partake in their exchange programme! Seems crazy.

Tried that! Tried calling Ireland & UK but they insisted I would have to deal with customer service in India! Explained that I was getting nowhere and they didn't appear to have good english but I was told they were the only people I could deal with! Great customer service!

Maybe it was just Mary, try again and see if you get a Sheila or a Sinead.