Beware!Customs in SNN NYC Flight

sunlife

Flew in from NYC Tue morning at 6a.m to Shannon. There were four custom officials doing random checks on bags. I've never seen them in my life at that hr. Just warning pull tags off everything bar a few.

I ill echo that, heading there in March! Thanks for the tip.

I've heard that since last October the customs seem to be doing lots of check on the NY flights into Shannon, but i've yet to meet anyone who has been checked in Dublin.
Figures I read a few weeks back was that customs had checked 500+ flight from the US into ireland from Oct-Dec and had 'made' for the government the grand total of €33,000 in excise / duty / tax. Am I the only one thinking that is astonishingly small amount for the man power involved?
I'd prefer to think they were checkign for drugs / illegal immigrants than a few pairs of jeans!

Flew in from NYC Tue morning at 6a.m to Shannon. There were four custom officials doing random checks on bags. I've never seen them in my life at that hr. Just warning pull tags off everything bar a few.
Sunlife, tut-tut, pay your taxes and stop cheating the system!!

I heard before that Tuesday is the main day for checks and it could be concidental that this was the day that it happened to you, but I wonder has anyone else seen customs there on differnet days of the week?

Back