Beverly Flynn on RTE Radio 1 last night

Why is B. Cooper mentioned and not Michael ring or Enda Kenny?

What has Kenny ever achieved after spending 40 years in the Dail?

The taxpayer paying this guys wages for 40 years.

Maybe it's becuase B. Cooper was complicit in helping others to avoid tax and was involved in a high profile libel case with RTE in which she had to pay €2 million in fees to RTE which was eventually reduced to €1.2 million for reasons we are not aware of. Or maybe it is because she was still claiming independent TD's expenses while she was a member of FF.

Why is B. Cooper mentioned and not Michael ring or Enda Kenny?

The taxpayer paying this guys wages for 40 years.

There's a difference between being inept and being downright dishonest.

There's a difference between being inept and being downright dishonest.

Yes, but she's both.

Our TDs basically transpose handed down EU law into Irish law. No major decision is made, nor policy formulated, without the sanction of the EU.

That's not true. Whilst EU directives require transposition into irish law, there's a lot more that is done independently of the EU.

Within the wide scope of what can be done unilaterally without recourse to Brussels, there's huge potential for national policy will to make a real difference (or to screw it up). It all comes down to political will (or the lack thereof).

The media are fixated on Beverly Flynn.

If I had a vote in Mayo - I would give her a vote before Enda Kenny.

How much public money has he received + for what?

People like Flynn, Lowry, Ray Burke, GV Wright, Bertie and other such politicians are or were continuously elected by people who act like the peasentry underclass of days gone by. For whatever reason these members of the electorate don't have the insight to recognize or willingness to accept these people for the dishonest individuals they are and kick them out of public life. Do they look at these people as being superior? Are there questions of self-esteem and self-confidence where they don't believe that they can put themselves forward or elect better candidates. Why do sons and daughters of politicians get so readily accepted as candidates when there must be other equally and better qualified people? The party systems are to blame, but, nepotism is rife in all levels of Irish political life.

How do we attract better people into politics? Internships? Secondment from industry and other sectors of society? It had been shown with recent events that the many teachers, solicitors, farmers, vintners and children of former TD's do not have the skills for government or opposition to run a modern sphisticated national economy.

It was interesting to observe the recent election in the UK where 100+ MP's of the previous parliament were not reelected, many forced to opt out due to the expenses corruption. Our politicians just brazenly carry on regardless e.g. Lowry, unless forced out by direct legal action e.g. Burke or quietly given the push e.g. Bertie.

The media are fixated on Beverly Flynn.

If I had a vote in Mayo - I would give her a vote before Enda Kenny.

How much public money has he received + for what?
And what has Beverly achieved to be worthy of your vote (apart from her carrying that FF label you love)?

And what has Beverly achieved to be worthy of your vote (apart from her carrying that FF label you love)?

I said - I'd vote for her before Enda Kenny - I did not say that I'd vote for her.

I am not a member of any political party but I am aganist TDs like Eamon Gilmore - who still have no openion on the Croke Park Deal.

I said - I'd vote for her before Enda Kenny - I did not say that I'd vote for her.

I am not a member of any political party but I am aganist TDs like Eamon Gilmore - who still have no openion on the Croke Park Deal.
Ah come on, get out of the closet. You are against TDs who are not members of FF - right?

Complainer, Sorry but I am not a member of any political party.

I voted for most of them except FG.

I voted for the Greens in the last election. There I have said it.

God, it feels good to admit ones guilt

She gets voted in every time because she is very good at playing the victim. She will quite happily claim that the "meeja in Dublin" have it in for her and that she did nothing wrong. Her constituents will therefore support her because of this, and because her father managed to divert a lot of spending into his constituency over the years, even though Bev is no longer in a position to do much for the voters since she is merely a TD and not a Minister.