Bettystown

C

chewieodie

Hi there...
We are considering moving to Bettystown. We don't know the area at all in terms of schools, creches etc.... crime?...
Any viewpoints?

We are in our mid-thirties with two children under 3...
All comments welcome!

thanks

I don't know Bettystown and have never been there, however a recent Prime Time programme (a few weeks back) did a special on the bad planning that has taken place in Ireland in recent years. They used Bettystown as an example of a small seaside area that has quickly developed into a commuter town with masses and masses of houses and very little in the way of amenities and facilities to serve the new population. It has lead to numerous problems for the people living there. So much so, that the government has launched new consultation guidelines on Sustainable Residential Development in a bid to prevent this type of thing continuing into the future. The programme was certainly not just focused on Bettystown, but they did use it as one example. THe lack of schools in the area and Laytown was highlighted also.

Maybe people from there will tell you different. I am only stating what I saw on a TV programme. It was a pity you didn't see it, although I think the local authority is really trying to address this now by building more schools etc. and footpaths that lead to the schools etc.

I would definatley try and get more information on the school issue, espcially if you have small children.

Thanks Pantone....

Worth considering! I'll definately look into it further.

Perhaps residents of the area would comment?

Back