Better forum for AskAboutMoney?

Z

zasscar

Didn't really know where to post this but...

I think askaboutmoney should use better forum software as this EZboards, as it is relativly limited. If you look at www.boards.ie they use vBulletin which is so much more pawerfull and easier to use. You may have to pay for it, but PHPBB ( www.phpbb.com ) is free. As far as I know you can import all the data from EZboards to the new database and so not loose any posts.

Is there anyone else who would like to see this site brought more up to date?

EZboard is fine if you ask me, it even provides a spellchecker.

Re: ...

I would definitely agree from a user point of view, there are better options out there. I'm sure there are other considerations though for the administrators, but would be interested in their views/comments.

Do the alternatives have a decent search function as there seems to be many posts on AAM along the lines of 'I'm sure I've seen it before but cant find.....'?

For me the search function is the one thing that needs to be improved but it is quite a major aspect of an information resource such as AAM.

For me the search function is the one thing that needs to be improved
Very true pinchy. I for one always marvel at how the likes of suellen can find threads. I can never seem to search successfully!

Fully agree, the search facility can be very frustrating for such an excellent facility.

Roy

vbulletin

yes, I usually use the google site search to find things within askaboutmoney. vBulletin would be a welcome addition to the site, are there any other improvements you're planning?

Back