Best way to ship household items from London to Ireland

jrewing

I need to ship some household goods from London to Ireland in 10 days time. This would probably fit in a large car - a few suitcases, a baby cot, baby chair etc.

Does anybody have a recommendation for how best to do this? I have considered renting a car and driving it myself, but would prefer to get it shipped.

Does anybody have a recommendation for a small removals company in London, who would do this as a part shipment ?

Probably depends where you live - If you look on put removals and your postcode.
Many of the international movers will have a big lorry with multiple loads on the same lorry - big & small.
When you say a large carload, I would estimate no more than £300 based on my own move from London - not including any packaging or packing services.

Thanks Conshine,
In the end I found it easier to get Irish companies to quote. I guess they are more focused on the Ireland-UK market than UK companies, which would be more UK only and UK-Continent, than Ireland in particular.

Your estimate was good, I have been quoted £250 and £280.

Thanks
JR

Have you tried the Irish Post newspaper, used to have ads for this kind of service not so long ago.