Best way to learn how to do a website

• Thread starter JohnnieKipper
  • Start date
J

JohnnieKipper

Is it best to get a book and self learn or do a night course in dublin ?

Everything you need is online. Just Google. What do you want - just a basic website, or advanced Flash graphics?

Personally, I found self-learn from the web and AAM the best route. I am not from an IT background.

web

Ok thanks for that. The next question is what d I need to learn ? HTML ? Frontpage ? Something else ? I dont want flash but something nice.

You could enrol in this free HP [broken link removed] on Feb 02

Marion :hat

Re: web

You don't need or want to learn HTML. Too long-winded for what you want to do. Frontpage or dreamweaver will do all the HTML for you. Much easier. If you're pc literate and familiar with using apps then just play around with it. It's dead easy.

hp course

Marion

Where exactly does it say Feb 02? Maybe I'm too late - it just asked me to put my email address in for future courses updates.

Ah well!

Hi PodgeandRodge

Just spotted your post. It says that enrolment will take place on the 02 Feb here.[broken link removed]

If you send your e-mail, they will contact you tomorrow. You will have to log on to the site given and sign up for the course. It may not start straight away. It will give and start and finishing date. Best thing to do is to print the lessons and you can work on them at your leisure.

Good luck with it.

Marion :hat

Can anyone provide a link on how to critically analyze websites ie what to look for etc?

dreamweaver

Thanks Marion!
Missed the boat this time but they say they will inform me by email next time the same course comes up.

Back