Best way to get to the Point Theatre.

travelchick

Will be up from Cork (the real capital) for a concert at the Point soon and am wondering whether getting the Luas to Connolly or the Dart to Docklands would be the better.
Have done the Luas to Point walk, but don't know where the Dart stop, Docklands, is in relation to the Point. Will be staying in Blackrock, so Dart would be handy....
So all you Dubliners.... please help your country cousin, please.

The DART does not run to the Docklands station.

Some Maynooth line suburban commuter trains run to it.

You could have a look here and Venue Facilities. From the download this information is available:

Contact Us
[FONT=FranklinGothicCond,Franklin Gothic Cond]If you would like to contact us please use the address or numbers below: [/FONT]
The Point
[FONT=FranklinGothicCond,Franklin Gothic Cond]North Wall Quay[/FONT]
[FONT=FranklinGothicCond,Franklin Gothic Cond]Dublin 1[/FONT]
[FONT=FranklinGothicCond,Franklin Gothic Cond]Ireland [/FONT]
[FONT=FranklinGothicCond,Franklin Gothic Cond Italic]Phone: [/FONT][FONT=FranklinGothicCond,Franklin Gothic Cond]+353 1 8366777[/FONT]
[FONT=FranklinGothicCond,Franklin Gothic Cond Italic]Fax: [/FONT][FONT=FranklinGothicCond,Franklin Gothic Cond]+353 1 8366422[/FONT]
[FONT=FranklinGothicCond,Franklin Gothic Cond Italic]E-mail: [/FONT][FONT=FranklinGothicCond,Franklin Gothic Cond]info@thepoint.ie[/FONT]

[FONT=FranklinGothicCond,Franklin Gothic Cond]Protocol is right to say the Luas and Dart do not go to the Point and its a bit of scary walk so I would be inclined to ring them and ask for their advice.[/FONT]

Take the Dart from Blackrock to Connolly Station. And walk to the point (only takes 10 minutes to walk from connolly station to point theatre), or if you don't fancy walking, get dart from Blackrock to Connolly, hop in a taxi, and they will drive you to the point for about €7.

[FONT=FranklinGothicCond,Franklin Gothic Cond]Protocol is right to say the Luas and Dart do not go to the Point and its a bit of scary walk so I would be inclined to ring them and ask for their advice.[/FONT]

You must be easily scared.

DART to Grand Canal Station/Barrow Street from Blackrock and walk across the East Link is the fastest route for you, a little over 1km. Connolly to The Point is a little under 2km

Use the DTO website for correct directions and maps.
www.dto.ie/web2006/jp.htm

Agree with last post. No problem with walking to the Point from the City Centre. Remember large numbers of people going to the same concert as you will be walking down as well.

You must be easily scared.

Worked down around Tara St. some years ago so know the area well. Regularly get the Luas from Connolly so I wouldn't be easily scared but would definitely not wander around there at night unaccompanied or swinging the handbag

I thought that there were more cops per square kilometer around the Sherriff Street area than anywhere else in Dublin due to the ongoing drug/gang feuds? So you should be safe!