Best way to get from Bordeaux to Paris

ney001

hi Guys

We are staying near Bordeaux for the first two weeks in July but would like to make it to Paris for an overnight (euro disney) - what's the best way to get there ? - the train looks pretty expensive, has anybody done the trip

We will have a car with us - any idea how long it will take to drive? - I don't want to be stuck in the car for hours before going to eurodisney.

Thanks

The train is the best way to get there, you don't want to be wreaked from driving by the time you get to euro-disney. train from bordeaux to paris takes less than 3 hours and brings you into the centre, then i think you may have to change to get another train out to eurodisney. check out the sncf website www.sncf.fr
i think driving would take 6/7 hours? friend of mine lives in bordeaux and often goes to paris to see his parents and always gets the train (or even flew once!); his mum came to visit him once and the drive took her 6 hours from what i remember.

Air France are doing returns for if you book before 26 June.

You can plan a driving route [broken link removed], but it's 600km (= + six hours' driving if you're lucky with the traffic around Paris on the A10...).

On balance, I think I'd recommend the TGV!

Hi

Thanks for the replys, the air france deal doesn't start till 14 July so that's out as we would be travelling back to Ireland on the 16th. I guess rail is the way to go - looking at about €400 return for 4 adults and a child.

There are TGV trains from Bordeaux that will take you directly to Disney without having to change in Paris (they are the trains that go to CDG Airport and Lille usually) ... Takes about 4 hrs

Driving would be a pain as the A10 Motorway in from Bordeaux comes in on the other side of Paris from Disney so you've to navigate the Parisian Motorway system which is always fun (any bad weather / bad traffic it could take you 2 hrs to get accross Paris)

hi Guys

We are staying near Bordeaux for the first two weeks in July but would like to make it to Paris for an overnight (euro disney) - what's the best way to get there ? - the train looks pretty expensive, has anybody done the trip

We will have a car with us - any idea how long it will take to drive? - I don't want to be stuck in the car for hours before going to eurodisney.

Thanks
Take the fast train, about 3 hours, and you arrive rested. No compeition, in my book...

Anyone know how far from Porte Maillot in Paris to the Montparnasse station where the TGV leaves from?

Port Maillot is on the Western end of the city centre - Montparnasse is in the southern part of the city centre.

It's about 4 miles maybe - say 20mins in a taxi if the traffic isn't heavy or a similar time with 1 change on the Metro.

Back