Health Insurance Best VHI plan for Physio cover

Swiper

Does anyone know what VHI plan is best to give money back on physio? I’d have up to 25 visits a year. The plan I had picked has been discontinued and they won’t tell me what is most like it.

Whichever one does it you have to make sure that the particular Physio is covered. An awful lot of Physio's now don't have a degree and Irish Life don't cover those. At least they didn't for me. They had to be fully qualified Physiotherapists and be on a register.

Whichever one does it you have to make sure that the particular Physio is covered. An awful lot of Physio's now don't have a degree and Irish Life don't cover those. At least they didn't for me. They had to be fully qualified Physiotherapists and be on a register.

Is this the list people should be checking? Shows all chartered physios.
[broken link removed]

Hi Swiper,

What VHI plan are you on at the moment?
When is your renewal date?
What is the cost of your physio per visit?

Snowyb

Last edited:
Possibly, but I cannot be certain.

No worries, I am with Laya.
I notice on my policy I am covered 50% for 25 physio visits, 50% for 8 physical therapy sessions and 50% for 12 chiropractor sessions.
I usually check on the Laya app if I can find the provider under their category to know for sure if they'll be covered.

Here you go. Irish Life Sports extra cover in the "4D Health 2 Policy"

Physiotherapist: €30 x 2 visits
Get cash back on visits to a physiotherapist. The physiotherapist must be a professional who is engaged in the assessment, treatment and management of musculoskeletal disorders and registered with CORU (Health & Social Care Professionals Council) or is a member of the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists (ISPC). Just keep your receipts and send them in to us to claim for this benefit.

Back