Best value TV service

millertime

Hi All

I've moved into the new house and haven't yet connected up the tv. I would like some of the mainstream UK/Sky channels, Setanta but not Skysports.

What is the best value out there at the moment? I live our the country so cable is not an option.

I too haver the same. I got an aerial for RTE / TV3 / TG4 and a Free to Air satellite setup (FTA). With this you get

[SIZE=-1]National Broadcaters: BBC 1,2,3,4, (all regions) ITV 1,2,3,4 (all regions) S4C

Kids Channels: cITV, CBBC,Cbeebies,

News Channels: Sky News, BBC News 24,CNN, Euronews,

Movies : True movies, Film 4

Sports :Extreme Sports,

Music Stations : Chartshow TV, Classic FM TV,ClassicsTV ,Performance TV

Entertainment: Reality TV,Fashion TV,Motors TV

Radio Stations: RTE , BBC and many more listed above[/SIZE]

Check out http://www.satellite.ie/acatalog/BBC_Free_to_view.html

For more info. Best thing is that this is a once of, non-subscription service.

Eoin

With the above setup that emul has, you can also add Setanta to this on subscription for I think around €9.99 per month.

You can buy a FTA from Lidl every now and then for around €149 and install it yourself or else just get Sky's basic package with Setanta for 12 months and cancel your Sky sub then. You get to keep the equipment and you have an installed FTA system!!

to get setanta the receiver MUST BE A SKY BOX

the last 2 threads were about 'generic' Free To Air or FTA boxes which cannot take the Setanta card , you must fist subscribe to SKY for (minimum) €220 in the first year , more thereafter , and then subscribe to Setanta for €180 a year on top of that.

without the sky customer number setanta cannot 'find' you with their service ...technically.

OK !

Thanks All, the free to air sound good, dion't know Setanta cost €180 per year, yikes!!!

How much is the basic sky package at the moment?

Ballyman said:
or else just get Sky's basic package with Setanta for 12 months and cancel your Sky sub then. You get to keep the equipment and you have an installed FTA system!!
The $ky boxes are primarily designed for receiving $ky TV, if you're not interested in $ky, better get a generic DVB receiver as these can receive more channels. Some have slots that will allow you to use viewing cards published by international broadcasters and which can be bought over the Internet.

Back