Best Value Ink jet colour

rheinie

Am buying my son printer for his laptop.What are the best buys out there at the moment.

Depends on what usage it will get and if he needs (wants) colour. You will buy an inkjet very cheaply but will cost a lot to run, the opposite is true for lasers. If he will be using a fair bit, spend the extra ton or 2 on a laser. The quality is way better and it wont fade like an inkjet.

Thanks he just needs one for every day college work and yes colour.can you suggest any make or model.

Don't buy a laser printer unless he is printing 000's of pages, which I doubt, and the print resolution is poor compared to inkjet printers. You can get a colour inkjet printer for around €35 or an all-in-one printer, scanner, copier from around €70. Would recommend HP, Epson or Lexmark. Check out the price of the inks before you buy as these are the main cost in printing - not the price of the printer.

I got this, emailed from HP today, some are 50% off currently. [broken link removed]

No connection with HP, just an option FYI.

I agree with Rois. Ink cartridges are really expensive. They can be 30 Euro each.

Ink costs more than vintage champagne.
Get yourself a laser to save money long term.

Get one with a duplex option (print both sides) to save yourself paperwise in the future.

[broken link removed] (no connection to this site) have a HP Laserjet at €77.

Epsons are pretty good also.

I don't think a laser printer would suit a student as presumably he's going to need colour and graphics and unless he goes for an expensive colour laser (and expensive toners) this would not be his best option. Better a cheap all-in-one inkjet with re-fillable cartridges.

I've bought Canon printers for years because when I look at all the cartridges lined up on the shelves, they're generally a lot cheaper than anything else.

(no connections with Canon)