Best Travel Insurance for USA Trip

FrCrilly

Hi All,

My aunt and uncle (brother and sister, both over 70) are planning a 2 week trip to the USA and have asked me to research travel insurance. As it’s the USA, my concern is automatically towards high levels of medical cover as I have heard horror stories about the USA hospital system. (AFAIK, they’ll let you die on a trolley if you are unable to prove you can pay for treatment).

Can anyone recommend a travel insurance provider that could provide the best peace of mind? I am looking for value for money taking high standards of USA medical cover into account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks In Advance for all responses.

We use www.multitrip.ie but it is only really useful for medical purposes if it is backed up by the appropriate private health care cover here. Any pre-existing conditions may not be covered should a medical emergency arise. I'm not sure what restrictions or additions might occur because of the age of the travellers - you will need to check this out specifically with any insurer. We had occasion to use the American A&E System last year - no problem with insurance payout on return home.

Back