Best tickets for The Police concert

bartbridge

I've got 2 seated tickets for The Police concert in Croke Park for the lower Davin Stand (Canal End) but a friend of mine has 2 standing tickets for me if i want them. I don't mind standing for the gig, but I've never been to a concert in Croker so I just wondered which would be the better option to go for?

Canal end is too far away I reckon. If you have standing tickets you can get much closer. Think about it - a full football pitch away from 3 guys on stage - thats a long way. Not far enough if it was Coldplay tho. Personally, i'd go for the standing.

Standing and get to the front for the atmosphere and of course the music and the fact that you can see the band - I was at U2 in Croke Park had pitch tickets, got there early and got right to the front in the enclosure - get there early!:)

Take the standing tickets. Last gig I was at in Croker, I was in the Davin/Canal end lower and there was a very noticeable time delay, which was very distracting. Also the people on stage looked like ants from there.

That's what I was thinking, standing would be better, and the added bonus is they're about €40 cheaper! How early would I need to be to get anywhere near the front? Is it much hassle getting in and out of the standing area?

That's what I was thinking, standing would be better, and the added bonus is they're about €40 cheaper! How early would I need to be to get anywhere near the front? Is it much hassle getting in and out of the standing area?

Maybe youre just too over the hill for the mosh pit ;)

The wife and a few of her friends had seats at the Robbie Williams concert last year - they felt that they were so far back that you would need binoculars to see what was happening on stage - they regretted not being in the standing area in front of the stage.

To get in front of the stage for this concert you needed to have bought golden circle tickets (same for the Rolling Stones). With general standing tickets you will be 1/4 way back the pitch even if you are the first through the gates.

There's a little black spot on the hill today.........:eek:

Sorry, I find myself getting a bit carried away with all the excitement..

For the U2 concert we started queuing up at 1.00pm on day of concert, gates opened at 2.00pm and we got into the second enclosure that they had between the “golden circle” and the main standing pitch area - it all depends upon the stage layout that they have. There was no hassle getting in or out.

To get in front of the stage for this concert you needed to have bought golden circle tickets (same for the Rolling Stones). With general standing tickets you will be 1/4 way back the pitch even if you are the first through the gates.

Yes I know that, a 1/4 back is fine... as long as I can see and hear them I'll be happy!

Ah, if you're a Police fan from the 70s/80s you're way too old to be standing in Croker for 3 or 4 hours. I'd advise you to stick to the seats. :)

Back