Best SUV/MPV Plug-in Hybrid available Now or Coming Soon?

TestLink

I am looking for a SUV / MPV Plug-in Hybrid.

I have Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV / RAV4 Plug-in hybrid etc in my mind. Heard that Hyundai Tuscon Plug-in Hybrid would come in to market soon.

Is there any other SUV / MPV Plug-in Hybrid options available now or coming soon (Jan 2021)?

Fuel Efficiency, Resale value, Travel comfort - in short value for money?

Thanks...

kia niro phev
BMW X5 very pricey

skoda Enyaq BEV looks interesting

Would you recommend the Outlander ?

Personally, I think the Volvo XC 90 is the nicest.

Punchy pricewise though; we looked at one but at €85k net of grants etc, it’s a lot of money

I am looking for a SUV / MPV Plug-in Hybrid.

I have Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV / RAV4 Plug-in hybrid etc in my mind. Heard that Hyundai Tuscon Plug-in Hybrid would come in to market soon.

Is there any other SUV / MPV Plug-in Hybrid options available now or coming soon (Jan 2021)?

Fuel Efficiency, Resale value, Travel comfort - in short value for money?

Thanks...

mitsubishi are pulling out of ireland

skoda are bringing out a full electric SUV in april , the Enyaq , prices around 45 k

i wouldnt go hybrid myself , on long journeys the engine reverts to petrol , the improvements in full electric in terms of range will reduce the attractiveness of hybrid IMO

But is there any other suitable options left? No one wants to buy Diesel these days. Even the dealers are discouraging people from buying a Diesel car.

So if I go for a fully electric one since the current infrastructure in Ireland is bad it wont workout. So I think Hybrid + Petrol or PlugIn hybrid is the best alternative as of now.

But is there any other suitable options left? No one wants to buy Diesel these days. Even the dealers are discouraging people from buying a Diesel car.

So if I go for a fully electric one since the current infrastructure in Ireland is bad it wont workout. So I think Hybrid + Petrol or PlugIn hybrid is the best alternative as of now.

the first thing to ascertain is what is your use case?

One care family or will you also have a second (petrol or diesel car)
Whats your average daily / weekly mileage
How often do you travel more than 300km in one day?
If there is a common route that you do that kind of mileage what is it.

the infastructure isnt nearly as bad as people make out and most people charge at home 95% of the time.

The car would be used by my wife mainly as I use public transport myself. Only 3 days commute to work (To and Fro - 20 kms per day) + 1 day per week shopping (To and Fro - 10 km), Same route. That is it. So I think a plugin hybrid or hybrid would be the best.

The car would be used by my wife mainly as I use public transport myself. Only 3 days commute to work (To and Fro - 20 kms per day) + 1 day per week shopping (To and Fro - 10 km), Same route. That is it. So I think a plugin hybrid or hybrid would be the best.

on that basis there is no reason to buy a hybrid, buy a full electric, you would only be charging it once every week and a half, the infastructure isnt going to be an issue for you.

The new skoda will likely have a range similar to the VWID3 at ~ 300 km

a hybrid is a temporary stop gap, i personally wouldnt bother, especially with the use case presented its a no brainer unless you cant have a charger at home for some reason.

With that little mileage you'd be mad not to go full electric. Mates of ours got Hyundai KONA and have used it for trips to Cork (with a recharging stop) and Mayo as well as similar weekly trips like yours. They love it.

Fully electric SUV / MPV's are mad money. May be things would change later when there is more competition. My max budget is around 44k.

Fully electric SUV / MPV's are mad money. May be things would change later when there is more competition. My max budget is around 44k.

both the VW ID4 and Skoda variant are coming next year. Might be worth test driving an ID 3 to get a feel for what the ID4 might be like.

loads of info on the ID4 here

Are you PAYE or self-employed? i know for my self-employed mate buying it through his company meant it was amazing value.

Back