Best Seat On An Aircraft

Pique318

Hi,

just thought that this may be of help if people are planning a flight soon:

http://www.seatguru.com/

You can check the legroom, pros and cons of certain seats, availability of seatback TVs, etc.

Very handy.

Enjoy.

i always sit at the very back as there is less turbulence there and a lot less noises from the landing gear etc.

its also safer in the event of a crash landing

i always sit at the very back as there is less turbulence there and a lot less noises from the landing gear etc.

You are travelling in metal tube only a couple of hundred feet long. I can't see how there would be less turbulence at the back of an aircraft than at the front (or anywhere else for that matter). Given that airflow over the body of the plane and more importantly the wings is uniform, the aircraft will shake, rattle (and roll) in unison. The 'noises' from the landing gear last about ten seconds on take-off and landing...

Back seats are handy though for exiting quickly - beverages first and of course close proximity to the toilets!

PS. spursman obviously has enough problems..

its also safer in the event of a crash landing
Yes, you will be engulfed by the fireball last... or in the event of a mid-air break-up you will not be killed by the explosion but have the pleasure of finding out if freezing solid at -50C will kill you faster than multiple organ rupture caused by violent decompression. You’ll see bugger all though because your eyes will have popped out and frozen solid

haha

That sounds like an average flight with Ryanair.

guys in all fairness it has been proven that the back seats are the safest. last year a place landed in amsterdam and broke in half!. 9 people died and none were at the back of the plane. i said they are safer in the event of a crash landing which they are , not being engulfed in flames at 30000 feet

also most people who die in an aircraft crash die from smoke inhalation due to not using their masks adn trampling all over each other. if you sit at the back then you also avoid all of this so the back seats are far far safer

Could be argued

The Results of the Safest Seats Research

A seat up to five rows from an emergency exit offers a good chance of escaping from a fire on board. When seated six or more rows from an exit, however, the chances of perishing outweigh those of surviving. An aisle seat is safer than any other, but the difference is not great. However, if safety is the passenger’s prime concern, he or she should forget about looking at the view and choose a seat next to the aisle. Passengers at the front of the aircraft have a higher chance of survival than those at the rear.
What About Seats by Emergency Exits?

Read more: http://airplanes.suite101.com/article.cfm/which_is_the_safest_seat_on_a_plane#ixzz0TFzDz2O9

saying the front seats are safer makes no sense at all.

if the plane crash lands on a runway or veers off then its going to hit a building head first. the seats will break forward and everyone in the front will be crushed.

im just saying that at the back you have a better chance

I get as much comfort out of that as I do when I see the little window in the toilet is frosted.

I always try and pick the aisle seat in front of the wings, so I don't see them in the window. I also close my eyes and hope for the best.

Personally, I always pick a seat as far front as possible. Not for some dubious safety reason but because it lets you get off the plane faster. Whenever there is an airbridge at the airport and often also if there are stairs, you can only use the front doors. The closer you sit to the front, the quicker you get off the plane - and if you are flying without luggage, the quicker you are out of the airport and on your way home/to the hotel.

I don't know why they can't just makes planes with same stuff they make the indestructible black box out of...

I don't know why they can't just makes planes with same stuff they make the indestructible black box out of...

You could make planes arbitrarily more sturdy - but they would weigh more, be less economical... and in the end, the G-forces on impact would kill you anyway, even if the plane remains undamaged.

According to Air Crash Investigation (fav. prog), Statistically you have better odds surviving a crash sitting at the back of the plane, so there

Someone should run some statistics on where you will be furthest away from parents with crying babies. Those would be the best seats on any plane.