Best sandwich in the world (Irish version)

S

S.L.F

Had a thread about my troubles getting a sandwich recently this is related.

My own favourate is chicken with garlic mayo, white cheddar, onion, slices of potato, lettuce, tomato, pepper (almost a full dinner)

The bread has to be brown and gritty.

My other fav sandwich would be tuna with onion and mayo.

Mrs. SLF would be crusty bread cheese, tomato and ham.

I know a guy who makes an Irish stew, eats it over a few days then puts in into his sandwiches .

Hmm.. i think i would have to for ham,salad cream, tomoato, sliced calvita cheese singles (yes- the rubbery cheap ones) - and of course, gherkins.

Plenty of milk then to wash it down.
Or else tea sometimes. Tea mustn't be too hot though.

maybe a bit f lettuce - and possible onions.
Although at that stage it might be getting too big to manage easily.

Chicken, stuffing and grated red cheddar on a ciabatta with butter and mayonnaise.

toast 2 slices of white bread
Spread with Philadelphia cheese
Wrap up in cling film
Eat about 4 hous later
YUM!!! This was my lunch through secondary school and university.
I also love crisp sandwiches

Since toasted cheeseys have arrived

My fav toasted cheesey would be

roast a lump of pork,

place slices onto bread with cheese

and a little bit of onion

toast it slowly so the bread goes a bit hard

and the cheese melts totally.

Ask your mate in the siopa for a manky chicken curry sambo! (Make sure you order it before 1.15 as it's not really sambo shop after all.

Yummy sambos - brie and black grape!

Also love salami or pestrami/swiss cheese and sundried tomato!

Cant beat old fashioned - butterhead lettuce, egg, onion and tomato mixed with Heinz salad cream, lots of salt and pepper.

My friend and I used to go on the bunk from school, buy a Vienna Roll, fill it with the above salad mix and have half each (and a couple of donuts) On one greedy occassion we had a whole Vienna Roll and two donuts each!(we were skinny minnies at the time, how I don't know)

If you saw the programe on Chanel 4 last night on sambos, you would be sure to bring your own packed lunch from now on!

MMMMmMMm sandwiches. When I was in college we used to eat noodle or pasta sandwiches yummm after a hangover. When I was pregnant I was addicted to monster much sandwiches the tayto might munch stuff not the crappy walkers stuff. Just white bread butter and loads of orange monster munch gorgeous. I've lost the craving excuse now though....

Cold cooked Sausage,
Cheddar Cheese,
Lettuce,
Onion,
Mayonaise,
White bread.

Heaven.

Big greasy full Irish breakfast forced into a roll.

yum yum.

this is something i discovered in america but have made here for myself, tuna melt on rye - its tuna, cheese, small bit of mayo, all on rye bread, under the grill to melt the cheese.

The bread is important - good strong (preferably nutty/grainy) bread, then add cajun chicken (chicken baked in paprika, garlic, salt, chilli flakes (just a few!), parsley and oregano coating or some similar combination), red onion, crisp lettuce/rocket, jalapeno peppers and mayo .... yummy!!

My friend in london took me to a shop that sells roast dinner sandwiches, I had roast chicken, stuffing, gravy, roast potatoes and yorkshire pud ! MMMM!

A place near me sells turkey, brie and redcurrent jelly sandwiches. Filling nuked to melt the cheese and the bread toasted....yum !!

You know (most of) you're all going to die from fat/cholesterol overdosing !

mf

Hot Meatballs (loads of sauce) with melted cheese and japapeno peppers in a sour dough sub roll......has to be eaten over the sink and washed down with a cold bottle of beer.

Mmmmmmmm....I'm dyin' young

You know (most of) you're all going to die from fat/cholesterol overdosing !

mf

BLT,
Chicken & Stuffing,
Superquinn flat crispy round roll with hot crispy bacon and/or sausage loaded with YR sauce
...mmmmmmmmm

That's just 3 of my fav's but I also like healthier ones like:

Wholegrain bread +:

Ham + turkey + cheese
Cottage cheese + smoked salmon + honeyroast ham + scallions/chives
smoked salmon + tomato + cheddar cheese slice + thyme

I tend to overeat on the high cholesterol ones though as they are not as rich/filling as the healthier ones.

You should try a 'wedge roll' or 'potato cube roll'. Basically its a Demi-baguette (preferably warm/hot) buttered then stuffed with either cubes or spicy wedges. I like mine loaded with Brown sauce.

mmmmmmm.....death.