Best route from Ardee to Tallaght

laragh

I need to get to Tallaght hospital an appointment by 10 am on Wednesday morning. I'll be driving in from the north (M1 or N2).

Any ideas on the best route to avoid traffic - ie avoid M50??

Thanks,

laragh

Cheers messedaround,

Yep the AA site was my first port of call - their route finder is a great job.
However in this case if I opt to avoid motorways it puts me through the city center which may be just as bad if not worse than the M50 at that hour of the morning.

What I was really looking for is a nice handy route from the M1/M50 interchange (or further north from it) through the country and suburbs which would get me to Tallaght hospital.

I might be looking for too much though...!

Would the train to Connolly and then Luas to Tallaght be an easier option?
I don't see much of an alternative to the M50...it shouldn't be that bad. If your appoinment was at 9 it'd be worse.

Would the train to Connolly and then Luas to Tallaght be an easier option?
I don't see much of an alternative to the M50...it shouldn't be that bad. If your appoinment was at 9 it'd be worse.

Definitely a good idea. The parking in the hospital is expensive and not great - very busy. Max 3 hour stay in nearby Square. More relaxed on train/luas.

You need to get from Ardee to a train station first however-parking at commuter stations can be hard to find, as can space on the train.

Well if I wanted to get from ardee to tallagh I'd come down the N2 cut across by fairy house to N3 turn left, take the next right into dunboyne straight at lights and head for maynooth, when I'd meet carton demese wall I'd turn left, take next right up at the back of Intel to the T, turn left and right at Intel roundabout over to M4 interchange, OH Forget it ,take the train.

You'll need to be in Drogheda station by 7.30 or so to be guaranteed parking. Trains from Drogheda at 7.28am and 7.40am which will get to Connolly by 8.30am or thereabouts.

Thanks for all the advice folks.

Took my chances with the M50 - and you know what.....it wasn't too bad at all. Plenty of traffic of course but moving the whole time.

Although I missed the bloody Tallaght turnoff and ended up going through Firhouse (I think!) which was a disaster.

Still made the hospital with time to spare.