Best Reward Credit Card

I believe the best rewards are.

1. AIB visa platinum - 0.5% cashback max €225 per year

2. Avantcard reward+ - 1.25% cashback max €12 a month

3. KBC - 1% max €10 per month

As an existing Avantcard customer they should be able to convert your account straight away without needing to get a new card. You can take it from there if AIB is worth the hassle switching.

I currently have a KBC credit card and I find it great. I generally get a few euros back each month on cashback. Its mainly used for online purchases and I clear the balance each month. With KBC most likely pulling out I'll probably have to switch.

I've been looking at Avant card - I couldn't see a reference to a mobile app? I find that handy with KBC.

KBC also show you your full credit card number once you enter you app pin. Great for sofa internet shopping and the wallet is upstairs :) I'll miss that. I wonder does any other bank do that? PTSB don't. (my current account is with them).

Hello,

Having had an Avantcard for years (going back to MBNA's time in Ireland), I've recently switched over to their rewards card. I'll need a few months, before I can ascertain how good the cashback scheme is.

You can access (delayed) online transactions, via their website, on your phone. It's not as good as a stand alone app, but it's okay.

In all honestly, I've mixed views on Avantcard these days - but I'll leave that for another discussion.

I’m currently with UB MasterCard, so guess I’ll have to move that shortly.
the thoughts of going through a credit card application process in these remote times is not filling me with joy.

any banks have a painless remote application process?

Am also trying to ascertain ways to gain from the usual spends on groceries and monthly bills so was looking into card reward schemes also.
All of the above seem to be for credit cards. Anyone come across any for debit cards?

It would great if Revolut started a rewards program that included all the supermarkets. They are running a similarish promotion at the moment but (https://www.revolut.com/en-IE/legal/promotions-terms) would love to see it available without the time limits.

The Aer Lingus card has a few decent benefits if used correctly. Good travel insurance, 2 flights (excluding taxes), fast track and lounge passes
I got the Aer Credit Card a couple of years back. In addition to the benefits mentioned above, you also earn Avios points on most purchases (although usually only 1 point for every €4 spent) and, most importantly, you get free worldwide travel insurance for all cardholders.

It costs €7.99 per month, which is a lot less than my wife and I were paying for comparable travel insurance.

Does anyone have suggestions for a business rewards credit card or any other good business credit card?

I got the Aer Credit Card a couple of years back. In addition to the benefits mentioned above, you also earn Avios points on most purchases (although usually only 1 point for every €4 spent) and, most importantly, you get free worldwide travel insurance for all cardholders.

It costs €7.99 per month, which is a lot less than my wife and I were paying for comparable travel insurance.
Also worth pointing out the upper age limit on the insurance is a good bit higher than normal. Its a cheap way of getting insurance for 70+ ages. I also had no problems making claims for cancellations over covid.

This is revoluts reward scheme on credit card. Its not great at all. 1% cashback on first 3000 over 3 months, 0.1% after that. Sounds like a gimmick to me. It gives you back 30 euro, the 30 euro you will be charged by government as stamp duty.

To clarify it with you, our cashback offer regarding credit cards is as such:

-> 1% cashback on Purchases for 1st 3 months

* Max €30 in first three months gathered in total

-> 0.1% cashback on all Purchases after 3 months

* No max - for however long you have the card. (You can also earn the cashback from stays and metal benefits as normal)

Back