Best place to see santa?

sandrat

Living in Portlaoise with our 7 month old daughter. I am looking for somewhere that is nice to bring a baby for first Christmas photo with Santa? Want to get it done soon so we can send copy of the photo sent to in laws in New Zealand before Christmas. Any ideas? We'd prefer not to go to Dublin though maybe it'll be quiet this year with everyone going to Newry??

Lullymore near rathangan is one of the betetr places with an interesting walk to see Santa in his cabin i the middle of the woods. Birr Catsle in Birr (should that be Brrr today!) and Belvedere house in mullingar are other more interesting places to see the great man himself.

I found this - a listing of more interesting places to see Santa throughout Ireland

http://www.primarytimes.net/All_Ireland_Santa_Events.php

The Athlone town centre have a Grotto, and sometimes there is Santa days in Glendeer Pet Farm just outside the town.

16 euro is cheap if it will fulfill your requirements of being nice and get you that pic for New Zealand.

its 16 euro per child and parents are free, I thought we'd have to pay too so thats actually quite good

no parents don't pay, I thought they did first but they don't. Don't you believe in santa paddybloggit?

Not at the moment sandrat.

I used to love Christmas as a child, we always moved the kitchen table to accommodate the tree. The best present I ever got from santa was a big box of Lego. I remember running down to my parents' room very early in the morning to show them what I got. The lego still exists at my father's .... my youngest nephew visits him especially to play with it.

I'm not a bah humbug person when it comes to Christmas but a single person living alone can't make much merriment on his own. I look at Christmas as time off from work and time to catch up on sleep.

Happy Christmas sandrat! :)

Back