Best place to get last minute deals??

T

tinah

Hi All

I am hoping to head away to the sun (Canaries) for the 1st week in March. I would really appreciate it if anyone could recommend anywhere that they have used to book good last minute deals.

Many thanks

T

Budget Travel always have last minute deals advertised on their website for the Canaries...I do think its better to go in and see them or see a travel agent...Not my cup of tea, however I know my parents went twice last year and got very good deals at good resorts..

I've never booked with them, but I presume you've heard of and ebookers.ie?

However, I suspect that ringing a few local travel agents might turn up just as good a last-minute deal.

Aerlingus have direct flights now to the canaries, but ive found that a package deal off season is still cheaper. If your selected date does not co-incide with the 4 periods outside of july/august which are in demand ie christmas and easter week, and both mid term school breaks, then you can safely assume that not all charter planes will ever be full any selected weekend.
Using this logic, you can afford to wait until a week before you go, and try either with budget direct, or any travel agent will do all the other tour operators.
If you are really brazen ,just go to dublin airport on any sat morning to co-incide with flight departures, and since all seats will probably not be full, you can negociate with the tour rep at checkin and get it even cheaper. Ive got deals as low as 150 euro per head for a week there off season including accomodation, booking around a week in advance!

DrMoriarty said:
I've never booked with them, but I presume you've heard of and ebookers.ie?

However, I suspect that ringing a few local travel agents might turn up just as good a last-minute deal.

Because of work I always have to take hols at short notice and have found both lastminute and ebookers to be useless for deals. Travel agents will have deals but the accomadation offered on a deal can be pretty low grade and from personal experience I would strongly recommend that you avoid any package where the holiday company assigns a hotel/apartment to you on arrival.

I've got some good deals by booking directly on the hotel's website and then sorting flights out seperately. Try tripadvisor.com for good honest hotel reviews by the public.

[broken link removed] are similar to holdiays online but you can see the operator that the holiday is with and then you can call them directly and book (avoiding the premium line charge)
Mixed on the allocate on arrival 1- fantastic deal once and 1 just adequate but couldnt complain for the price

Back