Best Place to Buy a Fireplace in Dublin?

frash

By "best" I mean best value as my budget is skyrocketing out of control.

Need to get a fireplace for under €1k if possible.

Something fairly simply like [broken link removed]

I bought a house recently and the gas fire is ok but don't like the surround or hearth. So I'm looking for what you have in the picture without the fire. It's around 450 euro in B&Q.

I also found a guy in Dundalk who advertised a full fireplace including surround, insert and granite hearth for 395 euro.

I'm calling up to him to-morrow, he doesn't have a shop and is based out of his house. His number is: 0868583232. I got no recommendation for him I just found him in the newspaper.

Let me know how you get on Doberden.
My builders are from Dundalk so I could get one of them to swing by & have a look.

Might go to B&Q at lunchtime - I hadn't considered them.

By "best" I mean best value as my budget is skyrocketing out of control.

Need to get a fireplace for under €1k if possible.

Something fairly simply like [broken link removed]

Have you tried [broken link removed]
I pass by their place a lot, but have never dropped in.
Let me know how you get on, because I will be looking for a fireplace in the next couple of months, cheers.

Have you tried [broken link removed]
I pass by their place a lot, but have never dropped in.
Let me know how you get on, because I will be looking for a fireplace in the next couple of months, cheers.

Cheers I'll check them out.
Are they far outside Athy do you know as I'm not that familiar with the area.

Bit outside Dublin but Fireplacesdirect.ie in Drgheda might be worth the trip. Got one like the one sought for about 1300, including installation.

I'd second fireplace direct in Drogheda too. I got a fab cream marble fireplace for 1400e. That inc fitting and rising the bottom of the fireplace up to suit our wooden floors. Great service.

Just had a new fireplace installed from a shop in Sallins - mine cost 1400 euro (cast iron) but cheaper available.
[broken link removed]

Those prices in Sackcloth and ashes look really good, if they are up to date. They have a fireplace similar to one I had in my old house in Lucan for €1200 and I think I paid IR£1300 eight years ago for the same in C&R(caught with builders allowance!)

Personally, I think a fireplace will always be a focal point of a room and is not something that should be scrimped upon. Recoup your budget somewhere else and you wont regret upping the finish a little. Some of the stuff from the likes of B&Q(and no offence to B&Q) looks like it was bought out of a DIY superstore.

Just to add to my earlier post that the prices on sackcloth and ashes site (which are fairly current if I recall) do not include a fee for taking out an existing fireplace (if appropriate) - this costs between 80 and 100 euro depending on what is there.

My fireplace cost 1295 + 100 for taking out the old fireplace. I also had to get a skip myself as they don't take the old ones away.

Very fast service though - installed 2 weeks after order, installer arrived at 8am and was finished in under 3 hours!

Back