Best place in New York for electrics cameras etc

IrishGunner

will be in New York soon and looking to buy a new digital camera

Also maybe some mp3 players

Anywhere know any good shops in NY. Staying near Times Square

Also want a camera which I can recharge by mains would I have to get an adapter to convert to european current

Ta

Re: Best Place in Ney York for Electrics Cameras etc

One of the best (for cameras anyway) is B&H -they're on 9th & 33rd (by Madison Square Garden/Penn Station)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com

The guys in there would advise you about the charger ... but I think most chargers are dual voltage - i.e. they work on 110v or 220/40v ... so they'll work over here (you'd need only an adaptor to change the plug shape - not a convertor)

MP3 Players - Don't really know here - somewhere like Best Buy, CompUSA or Circuit City maybe - there should be plenty of them around - I think the saving on an MP3 isn't likely to be as large as the saving on a camera anyway.

The generic no name electronics shops that are all over the city, but especially near Times Square are best avoided I believe - lots of rip off (and yes I mean rip off ;) ) stories about them.

Yeah, BHP was the place I was thinking of-very good. They also buy used cameras (but I don't know if they would be interested in buying cameras made for the European market). I got my dad a package at a very competititve price while I was there.

The charger didn't require a voltage adaptor, just a regular mains adaptor (ditto for the MP3 player I bought in the US).

For a MP3 player, try J&R Electronics as well. All of the above have websites so you can compare beforehand.

Try J & R Electronics - just around the corner from Century 21 (opposite site of World Trade Centre).

Back