best place for coffee

kilkerry

Ok it is an extreem motoring point. As a regular road user for business, I am always searching for good places throughout the country for morning coffeee. Anybody gor any suggestions, current favorite is Costa!

I haven't yet been, but have heard that the Cafe de Napoli on Pearse street apparently serves the best coffee around!

Stopped in there this morning. I didn't notice it being better than insomnia, which is my usual haunt.

Cafe Delicious on Harbour St. in Tullamore is jolly good.

Our if you are in Tullamore, you might like to check our Chocolate Brown either (nicer staff aswell imo!)

I agree that insomia also has great coffee, Esquires in Carlow is also quite nice. As well as good coffee, a newspaper is essential, need something to read.. I recently tried Starbucks, over priced for what you get, prefer above options

Skeffington Arms in Eyre Square - Galway or its Sister hotel in Athlone called The Prince of Wales. In Dublin and Enniskillen - Mauds. I swear...I travel the country regularly and it is the best cappuccino anywhere. So thick with the whipped milk and chocolate galore with a piece of flake to dip. Think its £1.50 or €2,25. Worth the travel alone

i think its fair to say that standards have improved hugely with even most garages providing fairly decent coffee. i can drink almost anything except for that kenco muck that comes in the plastic cartridges

So I thought until I tried the Starbucks at Dublin Zoo. Abolutely vile weak coffee.

This is interesting. Its the first time I have heard a complaint about Starbucks coffee on this side of the Atlantic. In the US, Starbucks' standards vary considerably from place to place. In Ireland and the UK I have always found them excellent. Hopefully the zoo story is not a bad omen.

i think its fair to say that standards have improved hugely with even most garages providing fairly decent coffee. i can drink almost anything except for that kenco muck that comes in the plastic cartridges

unfortunately this muck is all over the country like a bad rash, with the honourable exception of Statoil FarePlay outlets

I agree that insomia also has great coffee,
Insomnia do have lovely coffee, unfortunately not being able to sleep at night is too high a price for going there.

I gave up on starbucks back when I lived in England years ago. Nasty bitter espressos and cappuccinos with froth that lasted twenty seconds put me off. All I saw was poor quality coffee produced by disinterested staff. The McDonalds of coffee. Maybe I was unlucky but I'm not about to bother finding out when I have other coffee shops that I know do good coffee.

AS far as i know the starbusks in the zoo is not an actual Starbusks but rather is a coffee shop that uses starbucks coffee but may not use the same machines and its obvious that the staff training is not up to scratch. Must admit i have had one nice cup of coffee from there but it is hit a miss.

West Coast coffee is great for first thing in the morning - not too bitter and the froth on the capp last till the end - excellent.

An interesting discovery is the coffee at the Apple station on the way out of Dublin N7 surprising that you can get such good coffee there. Tried Starrbucks again today, still not impressed

An interesting discovery is the coffee at the Apple station on the way out of Dublin N7 surprising that you can get such good coffee there. Tried Starrbucks again today, still not impressed

I regularly stop for coffee there and would say that 90% of the time its brilliant but every now and then its really dreadful (which I normally only discover as I drive away. Am trying to remeber to check it while at the counter!). Haven't worked out yet whether thats when they're using the dregs of the coffee or whether its only when non regular staff are making the coffee. Still worth the risk though as the 90% more than makes up for the 10%.

The newly opened Spar Express/Texaco station at the Spawell roundabout has a drivethrough Tim Hortons coffeeshop