best phone rates for a landline or any experience with companies other than perlico?

pAnTs

Hi there does anybody know the best phone rates for a landline or ahave any experience with companies other than perlico who are a total nightmare!

Re: best phone rates for a landline or any experience with companies other than perli

Try BT. Overall Brilliant - prices are good - straight and upfront and most important a Very large company

Hi there does anybody know the best phone rates for a landline...
To be honest, the best rates will depend on what type of calls you make.

Some of the offers of free landline calls may suit your usage, where other people may require a tariff with cheap calls to international numbers or mobiles.

I've previously mentioned it many times on AAM, but [broken link removed] offer excellent (best I've seen to date) value on most calls (5c connection fee with 0c tariff to Irish landlines, 0.5c tariff to US landlines and mobiles etc.). I believe a change in the pre-dial number means it's not quite as good value if using a non eircom landline, so worth investigating this before a switch from Eircom.
(I currently don't have a landline connection [and the two family accounts I do have a 13434 account on are both Eircom] so I'm not 100% up to date on the associated costs from non-Eircom lines)

very happy with UTV (www.u.tv) for landline & BB

free evening/weekend calls anywhere in Ireland or UK provided it's less than one hour - if you think you are going over the hour, just hang up at 59 mins and dial again!

I left IFA Telecom http://www.ifatelecom.ie/ and went to Swiftcall and later to Perlico (a total nightmare from bottom to top - except Mr. John Markey, Head of Customer Care who is a most decent guy and totally approachable) and now back to IFA.

One thing about IFA is that they respond to emails so fast- unlike Perlico (Kathleen Geraghty, Customer Experience Manager of Perlico advised us to 'Please do not forward any emails to any Perlico staff member's personal email address. All email correspondence is to be forwarded to the designated customerservice@perlico.com email address only' even though they never responded to countless emails to the designated email and voicemails on her Head Office phone. The Customer Service Awards Ireland 2007 (http://www.customerserviceawardsireland.com) that Perlico appear to have won was actually 'bought' from the UK based company that organises the awards for paid-up members and a reward to Perlico as a 'sponsor' http://www.customerserviceawardsireland.com/csaisponsors/- need i say more!)

Bottom line is avoid Perlico at all costs if you want a stress free life!

Bluebell - I took a look at that website which is very helpful. (I could save by switching to UTV apparently). I wanted to try and save on my phone bill which is heavy on the basic/rental charge, and light enough on calls. I'm actually considering dropping the landline altogether, bearing in mind that many people have mobiles and/or email and I can keep in touch that way. Has anybody else dropped their landline and, if so, do you regret it?

Back