Best of Luck tonight UTD!

Funny alright.....we've both met most ABU's and they've lied to one or both of us

The ones I talk to generally give their answer in expletives, I actually am not into the whole 'we are the best in the world' talk cause it's embarrassing and when you quiz certain 'fans' about the team or a game it soon becomes evident that they are more interested in being with the top club rather than the history or the style of play or indeed the players. We all want to win but sometimes I cringe when I hear obvious bandwagon supporters (all top teams have them).
I got talking to a guy at Old Trafford at the bar and he was having a go at O'Shea saying he was crap and that he couldn't believe Giggs was starting and he was crap too! This was before we went on to beat Chelsea 3-0 with Giggs man of the match and a living United legend.
Anyway I've forgotten what my point was!

Seeing as most people outside of Dublin are ABD's in the GAA I doubt it will have a bearing on peoples loyalties.
Hopefully some day your quest to find a true fan will bear fruit until then you will have to put up with every United fan being a 'customer' although I don't like prawns so where does that leave me?

It should be a good game, just have a concern that the cheating and moaning from these overpaids wimps will put me off it.

I actually have a few friends who are totally genuine Man. Utd. fans. They have a great understanding of the game and Man. Utd. performances, don't bother with the merchandise too much and go over to the odd game. The ABU thing never breaks out in me when I'm watching Man. Utd. games in the pub with them. But they do seem to be a rarity alright!

And it was growing up with a few of the type you mentioned that turned me against the club, first day.

I usually shout for the English team in a European fixture but I've always had a strong leaning towards Barcelona. However, if Man. Utd. win tonight and deserve to do so, I'll be happy for them and for John O' Shea.

I'd love to see a good, honest game of soccer with the better team shading it.

Now I'm aware that some of you good people are dillusional about not liking Manchester Utd - but come on folks - we all know that deep down we're ALL Utd fans!

Yes, it's true....I'm a United fan, have always been a United fan.....a Leeds United fan that is!!

(and if that's not sticking with a team through thick and thin, I don't know what is!)

Just as Barca score their 2nd goal - yaayyyyy!!!!!!!!

Well the best team won and no obvious cheating on display, total heartbreak to watch. What you get from truly following a team is the highest of highs and some of the lowest feelings imaginable. It makes no sense some times to feel so down as I am now but thats the beauty of sport, it defies logic.
An ABU's joy for a united loss cannot match my joy when we win because they don't have the threat of defeat hanging over them.

Yes, it's true....I'm a United fan, have always been a United fan.....a Leeds United fan that is!!

(and if that's not sticking with a team through thick and thin, I don't know what is!)

Just as Barca score their 2nd goal - yaayyyyy!!!!!!!!

Gipimann!! My main man!!!!!! There's two of us!!! At last, a kindred spirit!!

Through thick and thin like yourself! And still there...............

We had a school reunion a few years ago and the other guy in my class who was a Leeds fan was there. We got talking about it and he told me that he had gone off them over the years and was now a Man. Utd. fan!

I couldn't believe it!!!!!!!!!!! Treachery!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to the pub for the second half and it was like a morgue! No atmosphere. Very poor game. Not the classic we were hoping for. Barcelona controlled the game and Utd. never got into it after the first goal and didn't do justice to themselves. Ronaldo again failed to do it on the big occasion and the whole team disappointed. He looks like a spoilt child when things aren't going his way. I've a good idea what you're feeling, MrMan, but I'm sure normal service will be restored shortly.

Meanwhile, my boys have to contemplate another season in League One.........

I just found a match report here..... Doesn't make pleasant reading if you're a Utd. fan.

[broken link removed]

Sorry but he was right tonight.

Both were awful, especially Giggs. Best player in the EPL? Well it just shows how over-hyped the EPL is?

Not a big Ronaldo fan, but I wouldn't say he acted badly tonight and was one of the better performers. He gets unwarranted criticsm about doing it on the big nights, his performances have helped get us to the final.

Sorry but he was right tonight.

Both were awful, especially Giggs. Best player in the EPL? Well it just shows how over-hyped the EPL is?

Giggs was poor, but O'Shea didn't do much wrong, both goals came from the other wing.

As for an over hyped EPL, I can't agree with that considering 2 teams from EPL fought out last years final and 3 EPL teams made this years semis again.
Giggs has had a great season, but awards are generally based on media hype and some purple patches in the season. It was a lifetime achievment award as much as anything.

On your points,

Last years final, between 2 teams from the best league in the world, was ****.

This years final was pretty good, cos it featured a team who wanted to play football first and foremost. The other team was meant to be one of the top 2 teams in the world for playing football, yet they played a defensive team. Thankfully, for football, they lost.

As for Giggs, and the fact that he got an award, it just shows how much Sky TV control football in England. Giggs did ok but nothing special. He did not deserve the award, yet he got it. Real football fans laughed at it, the Sky TV generation bought the hype, and they probably did not see how finished he was tonight.

My point is that very few people who get their awards actually deserve them and that goes for European player and World Player of the year. 'Real football fans' whoever they are have opinions on most players but a real football fan would not say Giggs was finished on the back of a bad performance. He has been written off before (by United fans) and has come back better. Henry was written off last year as having lost his pace and being on the scrap heap, but a treble and 30 odd goals put paid to that reactive nonsense.

Sorry but Henry is a shadow of his former self.

Tonight he had many opportunities to take on the last man but just hadn't got the pace to do it. We saw him do it so often for Arsenal yet he can't do it any more.

Plus, you are quoting me for things I didn't say. Not appreciated.

Make that three there gents. Still here even after going down and down and not gettign back up this year or last year, but thats another thread. as for Utd well they were out played by a brilliant barca team who last night just showed how good football can be played. and how simply too, just some lovely one touch passes and runs, it made me realise just what a beautiful game it is. not a classic match but still a lesson from barca to other teams in the world.

I can't believe how little United appeared to try. Coming out second half i was convinced they'd make a go of it - they hadnt a clue. I really think that Ferguson got it all wrong on this occasion. You can't normally say that about him but i think he did this time.