Best Mobile Phone

scully

I was wondering if there is a website that gives reviews about different mobile phones etc from mobile users.

Got a voucher for carphone warehouse and not sure what type of phone to get.

Pay as you go or Bill Pay as options.
Supplier ie Good offers with Meteor, but how good are they compared to O2 & Vodaphone?

What is the best phone on the market at the moment etc?

Depends on your usage, but I'd say Meteor is a lot better value than O2/Vodafone. The good thing about somewhere like carphone warehouse is that they'll give you reasonably impartial advice, because they get the same commission whichever network you sign up to — and they'd have a fair idea which models they tend to see 'coming back' with problems...

Having been on Vodaphone, O2 & Meteor over the years I wouldn't change from Meteor now at all - they're great!

kazbah said:
Having been on Vodaphone, O2 & Meteor over the years I wouldn't change from Meteor now at all - they're great!

Is Meteor's coverage restricted to large cities or have they corrected that problem?

M

Markjbloggs said:
Is Meteor's coverage restricted to large cities or have they corrected that problem?

M

No Dr is right - they have a joint agreement with O2 - I've seen it happen where sometimes I get the O2 symbol up. The Meteor-Meteor free texting til 2008 was a BIG incentive to move!

[broken link removed]

kazbah said:
No Dr is right - they have a joint agreement with O2 - I've seen it happen where sometimes I get the O2 symbol up. The Meteor-Meteor free texting til 2008 was a BIG incentive to move!

[broken link removed]

Yeah...but it's only for texting other Meteor users isn't it?

Gabriel said:
Yeah...but it's only for texting other Meteor users isn't it?

Yes but I'm busy tryin to persuade all my friends and family ;)

I am with Meteor over a year now and would highly recommend them. Have almost always had coverage except for one or 2 remote places where there is no coverage with any network

The one disadv was thier roaming service where u had to pay 60 euro up front with credit card. This has now changed for a lot of european countries and works the same way as with vodafone or 02

www.callcosts.ie is where to check out the best rates of mobiles based on your usage.

As for network coverage, they're all pretty much the same now - O2, Vodafone, Meteor, and 3 (which piggybacks on Vodafone network).

Vodafone has the best roaming options these days with their Passport offering. If this is a consideration, Vodafone is definitely the way to go.

I'm with 3 now for a month, and have had no problems at all, and their customer service is better than my Vodafone or O2 experiences (based in Scotland).

I did my research beforehand and chose one of the 3 packages, which was later proved accurate on the www.callcosts.ie website above.

As for best phones, having had various Motorola, Nokia, and Sony Ericsson phones in the past, the Nokias would be the best to get. As for which one, it really only matters how much you're willing to pay as they all work pretty much the same - size would be the main thing to consider with Nokias.

Vodafone are paying you to take some of their phones at the moment - the Nokia 3120 is € 69 and the 3220 is €79 both of which come with €100 call credit, that's ready to go deals . I bought one of my daughters the 3220 last June and it was €139 with 80 credit so a big reduction at the moment. There are some very good deals out there though I see my lovely 6100 isn't even being sold anymore and I only got last March !

kazbah said:
The Meteor-Meteor free texting til 2008 was a BIG incentive to move!

/URL]

Yes, but a lot of people haven't copped that this offer of free texts between Meteor customers until 2008 only applies if you topup by Eur20 every month..

demoivre said:
Vodafone are paying you to take some of their phones at the moment - the Nokia 3120 is € 69 and the 3220 is €79 both of which come with €100 call credit, that's ready to go deals. [...] There are some very good deals out there...
Especially when Nokias are so notoriously easy to [broken link removed] to other networks, once your pre-paid credit runs out..! :D

Back