Best mobile option for somebody in London for a few weeks

Jister

I have a relation going to London for a few weeks medical treatment. Members of his family will be going over and back frequently. What is the best option regarding phonecalls, because there will be many?

The person and their partner are both on a combined 02 billpay package at the moment.

You can buy a sim card in the UK for about £5, calling from a UK mobile to an Irish landline (while in the UK) is very cheap. So as long as the person getting the treatment does the calling it wouldn't be too pricey

You will need to make sure your phone is unlocked before you go to London and then shop around for the best value in a sim card

I found Virgin Mobile to be the cheapest for calling Ireland from the UK. Last time I looked it was 15p per minute

Suggest u talk to O2 in England.

They have a package but you have to ask about it, which enables a uk user ring Ireland for little or nothing!! It's cheaper than me even ringing the UK landline to landline let alone landline to UK mobile if I was stuck with Eircom prices

I have both UK and Irish Sim cards and when in the relevent juristiction, I use the appropriate sim card and save myself heaps.

The bonus is that you could hang onto the sim card for other trips to the uK and be easily in contact at all times.

Good luck!

Back