Best man to Groom - Gift or Cash?

thespecialon

Any ideas on what a best man should give to the groom for the wedding? Cash would seem the easiest option,if so is there a going rate as to what the best man should give in €???

My boyfriend gave €400 to his friend getting married beause he was best man and I thought this was absolutely ridiculous. I imagine half this amount would be absolutely fine.

Although I disagree with whole concept, the "going rate" for ordinary wedding guests seems to be around €200 per couple.

if you're the best man, I think little extras along the way are more memorable than a cash gift.. organise some champers on the stag, arrange a get together the night before the wedding with his mates/family, maybe throw in something for wedding they might have wanted but couldnt afford (e.g limo), get some photos of the bride&groom through the years and do a collage for the reception venue... its those touches that are remembered :)

if you're the best man, I think little extras along the way are more memorable than a cash gift.. organise some champers on the stag, arrange a get together the night before the wedding with his mates/family, maybe throw in something for wedding they might have wanted but couldnt afford (e.g limo), get some photos of the bride&groom through the years and do a collage for the reception venue... its those touches that are remembered :)

yeah my brother is doing best man for me and to be honest enough other people will give cash, I think he'd be close enough to know that a few gestures like something special on the stag would mean more than any amount of cash

I would go with a present tbh. Our best man was great. He really helped my dh in the run up to the wedding, we did receive a cash gift from him and we had bought him a watch as a present, but we bought him another present about a month after the wedding because he was just amazing.

Does anyone else get tired of seeing these threads about 'going rates' for gifts. Whatever happened to sentimentality and thoughtfulness?

Back