Best (low cost or free) dial-up ISP?

ajapale

Does anyone know what the best low cost or free dialup internet service is at present?

Re: Best (Low Cost or Free) DialUp?

This any use? I'm not sure how up to date it is.

[broken link removed][broken link removed]

Thanks Clubman,

Thats exaclty what I was looking for.

aj

Anyone know a geographic no. for dialup (i.e. ordinary phone no. eg: 01 862***1) with username and password?

where ???

Hi 2pack,

You will need to be more explicit in you post. Are you asking LMNOP which geographic area they are interested in? If so I suggest that any geographic area code in the republic of Ireland would do.

aj

you should try around £25 per year for dial up ,says 5 times faster than ordinary dial ups

OnSpeed is covered elsewhere including here on AAM. The verdict was that it was not worth it.

Hi 2pack,

You will need to be more explicit in you post. Are you asking LMNOP which geographic area they are interested in? If so I suggest that any geographic area code in the republic of Ireland would do.

aj

Thanks AJ. Thats correct (have that land line deal where all calls are free).

calls wont be free using dialup. I had the free calls to on my eircom package but they changed all the dial up numbers from 'local' to one of those 18xxxxx numbers. I found pigsback pretty good and reliable and on the odd occasion they were ' down' I used IOL as backup.

Cuchunainn, Im not looking for a free no. just a non 18** no.
I have come accross one such number but no password is required. A password is necessary for our satellite software.
Tks for the other info. though.

I had the free calls to on my eircom package but they changed all the dial up numbers from 'local' to one of those 18xxxxx numbers.

Apologies, I read your post too quickly. Ahh.. that makes a difference. Although friends have been using a geographic no. for some time and have not been charged for it. Interesting. thanks.

Squonk and Cucullain,

Thanks for reference to pigsback. I cant see any reference in pigsback to 'dial up'. I must not be looking in the right place. Could you post a link to the part of pigsback that deals with 'dial up'.

Thanks,
aj

ajapale: sorry cant find it now either. Basically they used to have two offers - one was 1c a minute and the other was €9.99 per month with a cap of 27 hours, off peak. if you went over the 27 hours it was just under 1c a min off peak. day rates were just under local call rates and you 'earned' piggypoints on your sub and on any subsequent extra bill. they ceased the €9.99 per month deal about 20 months ago but at the time stated they were going to continue on with the 1c dial up. Looks like they called that one off too. apologies for any inconvenience caused by my post.

aj: go into the pigsback site and in the box enter ' pay as you go' and a little add for pigsback dial up shows. Think they post you out a cd but not sure.