Best laptop for University Student

Slim

Hi - my son is starting a cours ein university. He needs a laptop and I need advice on type/spec required. There is no set spec for the course. He is doing design and want a good graphics card but apart from that n o specific requirements. My requirements, as far as I am sure, are:
1. Intel chip (not Celeron)
2. Portable as he commutes to college
3, Good Graphics Card
4 Camers, wi-fi etc
5 At least 250gb hard drive, 2-3 MB ram

Can get a nice Samsung off Amazon for stg£ 439. I would like not to spend more than €500.

Any help appreciated, Slim

we got our daughters notebook (samsung off Amazon) and has no probs.. pc/currys also have a good sale on at the moment with high spec/large ram etc. on all models/makes. i seen adverts at the weekend.

Thanks Suemoo1. There was anothe rpost here but it's now gone. Was it inappropriate? Slim

I thought it was typical for departments or the IT dept to give guidance on specs & requirements for a laptop where one was recommended?

I thought it was typical for departments or the IT dept to give guidance on specs & requirements for a laptop where one was recommended?

Yes, indeed, UCD did so last year when daughter was going there but so far son's college has not done so! Slim