BEST hotel in Killarney?

Hillsalt

Simple question.... what is the best luxury hotel in Killarney? There seems to be a lot of high end 4 star and 5 star properties.

Traveling with wife and two easygoing kids (aged 4 and 2). Pool and Spa would be nice and of course, good food.

Central location is not important.

Thanks in advance....!

The Killarney Park is 5* and central in the town good food and service, the brehon 4* near the national park good hotel. There are lots of good hotels in Killarney the setting in the Europe is super on the lake with beautiful scenery and a good pool. I think if you were looking for a wow luxury hotel and price was not a worry then this is it.

The Europe recently spent something like 70million euro on a new spa and pools - amazing location and well worth a visit. Plenty of room for the lids to run around, possibly visit their stables or book a boat trip on the lake. Approx 3 miles outside town (if that). If it was just romance with your wife, I would go to the Lake and book a superior room with lake view and in-room jacuzzi bath.. have had a few wonderful stays there, great restaurant, top hotel.

The lake hotel is on the lake with a beautiful view. However it is dated and shabby- personally would not consider this a luxury break. It is a very nice hotel though.

The Europe is extremely luxurious, as is the Aghadoe Heights, both are outside the town and you will need a car.

The Dunloe Castle is also a 5*, sometimes closes off season though.

The Great Southern AKA the Malton is lovely and is right in town, walking distance to everything.

On balance, as a near Killarney native, I'd go for the Great Southern or the Aghadoe Heights ( really nice spa) depending on whether you'd like to be in town or not.

Although to be honest with young children I'd probably be more likely to go self-catering but each to their own.