best gravity/tank fed shower & water head height required

fago76

I'm about to purchase a power shower. There are the 2 main types gravity/tank or mains feed. I'm going with tank as there's the likelihood of water shortages in Galway and pressure problems which rule out a mains feed.

I've seen various showers recommended but I'd appreciate if people could rate their shower:
- which tank fed shower they have (mira/aqualisa/triton etc)
- how does it perform in particular if its upstairs i.e. the head height is limited.

Does any plumber know the minimum head height you typically need between the shower and the bottom of the tank to get a decent flow.

thanks

For electric showers the Triton T90si is a best seller for the price and it gives a decent hot water shower. They say you need a min of 100mm below bottom of storage tank but most installations would aim for double or triple that. My mother has one (upstairs - head is about 1000mm) and having a shower there I would give it 6/10 because it takes about 30 to 45 seconds to actually get completely wet using it. For electric is gives a good feed rate without affecting the heat of the water.

My brother has a cylinder fed pressured shower (about 2 bar) and I would give that 10/10. It takes about 10 seconds to get completely yet. There is no comparison.

Back