Best discount from PowerCity

gnubbit

Hi,

I have to buy appliances for my new kitchen plus a TV and so I'm shopping around. PowerCity have indicated that they will offer a discount. Straight away they knocked about €60 off each appliance (around 10%). When I asked if that was the best price, the guy said, come back when I was ready to buy and he'd do a better deal.

I'd be interested to know what the best discount others have got from Powercity or others.

When I was buying my appliances, I got a much better deal from DID than Power City. I think it depends on which branch you go to and who you end up talking to.

Powercity make it a point to beat their competitors quotes. If you have a quote from DID they should better it. Play them off each other.

If you're insured with Axa you might be able to get a better deal with DID or even use the lower quote to haggle with Power City.

A few years ago I built a kitchen extension and bought all my new kitchen appliances from DID. No way did I get anything like 60 euro off each appliance. Your man was hard set to give me anything at all off. I got him to round down the total bill a bit. Think I got something like 35 euros off the total bill for a washing machine, fridge freezer, cooker and hob.

I think the op is doing very well with the deal with power city and I'd say run with it.

Personally I got a better deal from DID for kitchen appliances last year that no-one else could match. One retailer told me he couldn't buy at the prices that DID had as their sale price to me on their quotation.

Great prices, great service, excellent products. I've been back since, TV and home cinema system purchased this year and they still could not be beaten for price, service or delivery (free!).

One very very happy customer (no other connection with them).

I bought a full set of kitchen appliances (built-in fridge/freezer, built-in dishwasher, ceramic hob, built-in oven and hood) from a PC in Lucan (well, the one between Lucan and Clondalkin) about two months ago. I got quotes for the same lot from Harvey Norman and DID and PC were best priced even before discount.

I just went in, had a look around, explained to the salesman what i was looking for and he knocked down several hundred Euro off the total. I have to say that I was very happy with the service, prices and the appliances I bought.

Thanks for all the feedback. I also have found that PC's prices are cheaper than DID, even before they applied the discount. It's a pity as I'd rather go with DID - they just seem sort of nicer. It sounds like the discount I'm getting is good, might see if I can get them down a tiny bit more since I'm buying so much

We bought kitchen appliances in the Finglas Power City a few years ago and got a fantastic deal. They knocked hundreds off the total price and really looked after us.

I bought a large plasma TV there recently and got a great discount off it, nearly 250euro.

Everyone talks about discount but it all depends where the price starts from and are the products exactly the same ( brand & model ) . It's the only way you can compare.

First of all go to each store and take note of the products you want, make, model number and price. Then play them off each other.

That's what I did, gave the list to DID and it was about 200 quid dearer than PC without the discount! I'll let you know how much I get off in the end

It is good to shop around for prices but I would also look for after sales service aswell. Powercity is not good for this. I am buying appliances for a new kitchen also, I checked PC, DID, Currys and Harvey Norman. We got a better deal overall with HN. If we had seen something cheaper elsewhere they did match it. They also offer a 4 year warranty on appliances for about €55.