Best Digital Camera for Older Person?

Rois

I am thinking of buying my Mum (aged 75) a digital camera for Christmas. She is always buying those disposable cameras as she has no camera of her own. I think, with a bit of instruction, she would get to grips with a digital camera. Just wondering if anyone could recommend a reasonably "user friendly" one, with maybe a large lcd screen and easy menu that won't frighten the life out of her!

Sony Cybershot. My parents found it easy to use and they are definitely non-technical.

Thanks Teatime. I've since bought her a Samsung P800 which seems really quite simple, also the instruction booklet is really clear. So hopefully she will have no trouble using it (after a lesson or 2)!

I am buying a camera for an 11 year old - not very tecchie minded. How much are the models you're recommending as i want a model thats not overly dear as she may lose it on a school tour!

Dr Moriarity that camera looks ideal for a girl - free case included! I've never heard
of GE though, but 7.2 MP is great. I also cant get over the price of the SD cards - that's the cheapest I've ever seen them (here or abroad) - and they're a good make also.

I have a Sony Cybershot N2 = it is touch screen - has no complications and is really easy to use

How about this? (with one or two of these)

I got one of these cameras a few weeks ago, i got the version in black as it was an option, It is a good camera, and in my view good value. A free case came with it, and it is a good case.

Just letting everyone know, as i found the link here.