Best deal one way from Boston / New York to Dublin.

onekeano

My son is on a student J1 visa in the US and wants to come back early Sept but is being quoted crazy prices for a flight (AL prices are around €650 one way!!!). Just wondering if there are any better options including going indirect?

Roy

I got a quote of €414 with Aerlingus from JFK on Ebookers.ie for Sept 4th.

Should his J1 tavel insurance not cover a change in return date?

He should be able to change his existing ticket.

Also look at flying via the main European hubs. Can work out cheaper than Aer Lingus. Look at British Airways via Heathrow and Air France via Paris or even KLM via Amsterdam.

Getting a flight with Air France (Delta) there for $518 (€400) on September 6th New York to Dublin.

thanks folks - they are very help ful responses. I think the J1 covers changes if you fail exams but not if you just decide to come home a little ahead of schedule. I'll send him a copy of this link so he can check out other hubs etc.

Many thanks
Roy

Try the website skyscanner. It searches all airlines and you can do a search for the entire month.

According to the Travel supplement in last Saturday's Irish Times, Aer Lingus are offering North American residents a one week package to include flights, hotel accomodation and car hire for something like €450.

Perhaps your son could avail of this deal and give you the week's hotel and car.

Back