Best deal for New PC

WGT

Hi,
Thinking of buying a new PC with XP/Vista pre-installed.
Min Spec required:
1.8GHZ Processor
1GB RAM
320GB Disk Space
Support for Super VGA Graphics

Got a quote in PC World for 600 euro (including monitor, keyboard, mouse). Would going to Newry be an option?

Aldi have a pc on special on 26th that might be of interest.It has 4gb of ram,1 tb hard drive and a 2.8 processor for €599.Website is aldi.ie

Note that this has far better spec than you've described, but doesn't include a monitor. But you can pick up a basic 15" flat screen monitor for under €100 nowadays.

Check the price on here:

(I did this with dell.ie and dell.co.uk and also the apple website. Ended up buying in the UK and saving bunches of money.)

Note that this has far better spec than you've described, but doesn't include a monitor. But you can pick up a basic 15" flat screen monitor for under €100 nowadays.

Same machine here for aldi.co.uk

According to XE.com, £489.99 = €520.22
Saving of €79.77

Buy your machine in the North, and pick up a few more things to make the journey worthwhile.

Had a look at the spec of this PC. It doesn't say that Internet Explorer is included. Is this taken as a given, or will I need to buy that seperately.
Cheers

Had a look at the spec of this PC. It doesn't say that Internet Explorer is included. Is this taken as a given, or will I need to buy that seperately.
Cheers

You can download IE 7 free from the web WGT

You can download IE 7 free from the web WGT

You can now download IE 8 free from microsoft - it's a bit of an improvement over IE 7.

In terms of cheap PCs have a look at these dell's (http://ireland.dell.com/content/pro...sktops_with_monitor?c=ie&cs=iedhs1&l=en&s=dhs) on offer at the moment - the cheap one (Inspiron 530) has really poor graphics and memory but the studio one is pretty good for the price €579 which includes delivery.

2.8GHZ x 2 (Core Duo) Processor
2GB RAM
500GB Disk Space
18.5 inch screen
256MB ATI® Radeon HD 3450 Graphic Card

Does anyone know if aldi, will accept payment by company cheque as I want to buy this through my business (or do they only take laser or cash).
If they don't can I just pay out of my own pocket, and get the business to refund me. The catch is I am the business and I want to reclaim the VAT.